Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

647 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Interview

2 interview. With HR in a hotel, talks about manner and school experience. Few weeks later I got interviewed by the user in my segment. Quite easy. Be tough cos they like tough people.

Interview Questions

• How much salary you wanna get?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2015.

Interview

It had 3 rounds, 1st & 2nd on campus, and 3rd round on site. There are no difficult technical questions at all, and before the 3rd round everyone received the detailed requirements about what will be asked on site. They really just wants to see your motivation to work in the company.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to build a 1.6m paper tower with 200 pages of A4 paper, and the tower needs to bear 2 bottles of water at top.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in-person and online. Received an email 2 weeks later to interview on campus. Questions were mostly focused on candidate behaviour and leadership roles. After 3 questions interviewer asked if the candidate had any questions for them. The entire interview had to be no longer than 30 minutes as stated at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a technical problem?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2013.

Interview

usually 3 interviews for 2-3 months interval ( may be shortened depends on needs) , first HR function, then Group interview, last one with the operation manager- currently known as PSD

Interview Questions

• asked about graduation project , past extracurricular activities   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Algiers (Algeria)) in August 2017.

Interview

c'etait au sein du campus de l'ecole, on nous a fait passer le test psychotechnique, qui est composé de 4 parties, logique ( matrices de raven), maths, mecanique ( moments), et anglais ( pas obligatoire), apres les preselectionnés ont passé un entretien de 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• presentez vous   Answer Question
    • il m'a posé des questions a propos de mon projet de fin d'etudes, stages,activités extrascolaire   Answer Question
    • est ce que vous aimeriez travailler sur le champ ou bien dans un bureau   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of three rounds :-
    1.) Resume Shortlist ( Around 20 were shortlisted)
    2.) Group Discussion
    3.) Technical + HR Interview

Topic of the GD was globalization
    GD's were held in a group of 7 students. Out of the 21 student who were shortlisted, Only 7 went for the final round.

In Interview, questions related to projects and positions of responsibilities that I had mentioned in my resume were asked.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

4 stages. 1st stage just introducing youself in front of others candidates. 2nd stages is group task. 3rd stages is face to face iv. Then i need to answet technical question related to mechanical, electrical, english and logic

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Very basic. They will also try to sell you on Schlumberger in the first interview. The lifestyle isnt for everyone so they want to know if you want to work a tough schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying abroad.   1 Answer
    • What is your back up plan if you dont get a job by graduation?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

After being referred by the recruiter, I applied online - very easy - only CV, no cover letter needed. Waited 3 months for a response and got invited by phone to a face to face interview. The interview day itself was good, very friendly, they don't expect you to know everything from the oil & gas sector as they even make an introductory presentation of the company and it's very personalized too which makes you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation where you solved an engineering problem, some Maths exercises and aptitude questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. It was all behavioral and team based. Overall a very pleasant experience. Be sure to know about company culture and values- they ask about interests align with their vision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a group and whether or not you were successful.   Answer Question