Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

617 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager visited a college campus where interview slots were given every thirty minutes. The hiring manager took applicants one by one into a personal interview with only him. He talked about the company and the expectations and then went over my resume and asked a mix of personality questions and trick questions.

Interview Questions

• If there were three light bulbs in another room with three switches in the room you are in, with opening the door once and using the switches only when the door was closed, how could you determine which switches corresponded to which light bulb?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

2 day interview. They fly you out as early as possible and keep you awake to see how you are with minimum sleep. You get to go out to the sight.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

30 minute interview where I met with a former field engineer that talked about how it would be a rough 3 years before I could do anything else within the company, but how it was very educational and beneficial.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a university career fair. The interview was one on one and lasted thirty minutes. Mainly logical and technical questions, little behavioral questions. Felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• If you are sitting on a boat with an anchor, and you throw the anchor overboard, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (North Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview experience. Applied through college career fair and landed 30 minute interview. Brief logistical section with standard "do you have the legal right to work in your country" type questions followed by some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of footballs that could fill this room using only a football and basic techniques?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the career fair and the infomation session later on, and received a interview the next day on campus. if I passed the interview, I am going to take the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was stressful, and involved a few brain teasers and basic conceptual questions. I have listed them in the interview questions section. It took about a week to get a response from my recruiter. I highly recommend going to a information session at your university before the interview, and introducing yourself to your recruiter this had a huge positive in my column.

The second round interview took place in Oklahoma City for me, there where 15 other students from across the US, we flew into OKC the first afternoon where we started by doing some team-building exercises, presented a slide set with our groups that we had to prepare before attending the interview, and then listened to a presentation by some employees. This process took until around 3 am. We started the next morning at 7 am, and went to a job site to see a full scale of what one of the subsections looked like. We came back to the hotel for exit interviews, upon everyone completing their interviews we went to dinner and where released from the interview around 9. People who drove where free to go home, most of us went to a bar in town and hung out. The next morning you take your flight back to your original location, some flights where as early as 5 am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me two ways to get the volume of this mint tin?   1 Answer
    • If you have an anchor in a boat then throw it in the water what happens to the water level?   1 Answer
    • Three lightbulbs are outside this room, these three switched control them. How do you find out which switch goes to which switch with only stepping out of the room once?   1 Answer
    • *puts four quarters on the table (in a square pattern)* can you arrange them in a line with only four moves, after each move the quarter must be touching to other quarters.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, then they flew you to Sugar Land, TX.
    You present in front of PMs, recruiters and other candidates! then there is a team building activity.
    The next day they take you to the rig,then the final interview.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview was easy, some questions about my experience. Second round interview was difficult, and I went to OKC to attend second round. The first day interview was from 9 pm to 3 am, which included some team works like build a tower by macaroni and group presentation. In the second day, weak up at 6 am, then visited a field, which is awesome.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience of teamwork.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a career fair at my university, where the recruiter came and talked about the company and conducted the standard behavioral interview. Then, there is an on site interview where you are with a group of potential hires. You are put into groups before and have to present on one of the different segments of Schlumberger. Next, they talk about the segments, filling in any missing details and about the work life. We then did a group activity that was fairly stress free. The next morning, we went to an actual oil field to see what the work was like and talked to the people on site to answer any questions you might have. We had lunch and an exit interview talking about which segment we would rather work in.