Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

617 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an in person interview at my college. It was brief only behavioral questions nothing technical for the first round. There was about 10 general questions and a couple work situational questions. This was my first interview for a job and it was a great experience. They were not harsh and very straight forward with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats do you consider a long day ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume at school career fair. Contacted shortly after for on campus interview. Interview was 45 minutes of basic behavioral questions and whether or not I understood what the position entailed.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, it was brief only 20-30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, describe a group experience, etc. A scarcity of available jobs was made clear the night before in an info session.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round of interview was a face to face 30 minute interview. The second round was a two day interview. The first day consisted of a presentation and ice breakers with the other interviewees. The second day we took a tour of a facility and went to dinner.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in the field?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide three different ways to measure the volume of a paperweight. (They ask a trick question in every interview to test your thinking skills)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX).

Interview

Process lasted around 2 weeks. 1st round was in person. It was behavioral and some resume questions. Next you would be invited to the day long interview at a site. Here, the meeting starts at around 6 PM with some presentations and group activities. You have to give a presentation and then finish up with more activities. The meeting ends late (around 2 AM). Next morning, you go a rig site and understand different sectors of the position. You come back and do exit interviews. There is a final dinner and its done.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to SLB at career fair. Applied online, and heard back for interview on campus 2 days later. Interview went well. Got invited for a 2nd round of interviews a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why Schlumberger, why field engineer? How did you deal with a conflict in group?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The recruiter asked general behavioral questions. The second interview lasted two days. The first day consisted of team building exercises and a lot presentations. The second day consisted of a rig site visit and exit interviews. During the exit interviews, we were asked about the segment we were interested in working in and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward if you follow other people responses on here. Other reviewers gave all the information needed. This sight is very helpful. Just know about company and the nature of the work thoroughly

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

It was a good experience. I applied through my college's hiring website and met with them at the career fair. They asked basic behavioral questions. You just have to be confident and prepared to tackle any question they could ask you. Show them that you're willing to work hard and do the job to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take a leadership position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First Round: standard behavioral interview. make sure you know about the company and the position, have several stories to tell, why are you a good fit for the position etc.

Second Round: flew down to Midland, TX with around 25 interviewees in the group that weekend

The first night we flew in and stayed up until 4 AM. I gave a presentation (on an assigned business segment of SLB). We were listening to presentations by other interviewees and the recruiters about the different segments of Schlumberger and the field engineer lifestlye/work. We also did a group activity where we had to build (using a balloon, rubber bands, paper, a cup and tape) something that would get a ping pong ball into a hard hat 5 feet away. Our group had the original idea of building a ramp to roll the ball into the hat (every other team built a slingshot). No group actually got the ball into the hat haha, maybe the challenge was too hard!

The next day, we woke up early around 7 AM. We drove 2 hours to a hydraulic fracturing job site. The job site was run by Matador with several oil services companies including Schlumberger helping out. We toured the site, saw all the equipment, and talked to different engineers. We saw a perforation by the cased-hole wireline team and also the beginning of the frac. The interview ended with a short exit interview where they asked me about which SLB business segment I preferred and why.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time that you settled an interpersonal conflict. why field engineering position. why do you feel you would fit into the field engineering lifestyle   Answer Question