Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met recruiters on campus during career showcase and was then offered an interview on campus a few weeks later. Interview was comfortable and a combination of behavioral questions and just conversation. Good interview overall. After this first interview, I was offered a second interview on site at one of the drilling locations. I did not accept the invitation for my visit.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked with a team with members who disagreed, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (University Park, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied and received an on-campus interview for the Field Engineer position. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long. It turned into 45 minutes with two different interviewers (one was asked to leave the interview she was conducting early just to talk to me). The male interviewer informed me he would get a bonus if he hired me (I am female) and was very pushy about asking if I had any reservations about the position. I was asked no questions during the interview. It was extremely unprofessional. I was offered an on-site interview despite clearly stating I was not interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is two staged. The first is with someone on the HR team. I did not get into the second round but for that, one would have to go to the HQ sites and be interviewed by a larger recruitment team. jg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called 2 days later for an interview. Had 2 phone interviews with 2 different recruiters which went well. Flew down to tour facilities and it was miserable.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very simple application process. I simply applied online and was invited to a day long assessment centre. The assessment enter took the format of logic based tests, a short personal presentation followed by 1:1 interviews. The interview comprised of an informal chat following some standard questions and included having to put together a pressure regulator valve from a component drawing.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at a career fair at a conference, almost two weeks later heard back to do a second interview in Midland Tx. This interview was 3 days long. Had to give a presentation with other candidates, and for the first night just learned as much as possible about the company and position. The HR (former field engineers) were great and super personable. They could be tough though. Did a timed team project and it was a very long night. They're basically seeing your work ethic and if you can work long hours and how well you work with people. Second day you go out to an oil rigg and then later that evening is the exit interview. Only 10 mins long and basically ask what you're interested in and what type of field engineer you want to be. Got an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

I'm the type of person that likes to travel and wants a serious relationship within the next few years and they said you won't have time for that. I accepted a different offer that was closer in location where I wanted to be and the work I wanted to be doing. Still a great company with a lot of hard workers!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

two interviews, one through phone, I was asked about myself, school, and interest. 2nd interview was about been in a team and doing presentations. meet some candidates that you never see before. ask questions all the time.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2015.

Interview

I got an interview at a career fair. When I arrived, the guy was having a conversation on his phone while I just sat there for about 5 minutes. He was very focused on whether or not I was willing to relocate. The entire "interview" felt more like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• If I were to offer you the position right now and you also had an offer from another company in your home state, which would you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. One it is like any other interview and the 2nd they actually fly you somewhere where they test you to see if you fit the company.

Interview Questions

• Several group activities and test if you can resist through the days   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I applied for an interview through the campus career center at my University. Interview was pretty conversational but the interviewer made a few comments that made me uncomfortable, such as "you're attitude is what gets you places, not how pretty or smart you are".

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable with someone calling you at 3am to come into work?   Answer Question

See What Schlumberger Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Mechanical Design Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros: “- Interesting set of problems to work on involving multiple disciplines such as (electronics, design of mechanical components, lean six sigma, supply chain, material science (esp. coatings...”“- Interesting set of problems to work on involving multiple disciplines such as (electronics, design of mechanical components, lean six sigma, supply chain, material science (esp. coatings, surface treatment, alloy selection for environmental compatibility), oilfield operations (esp. wireline, drilling and measurements, stimulation). - May be better position to weather economic downturns (as an element in an oil and gas investment portfolio). - Excellent training especially for field engineers and technician. Also their training program for REMS (research engineering manufacturing and sustaining) at the product center is becoming more mature and well established. - The broad technical and worldwide culture that the company offers is excellent if you consider yourself a global citizen with an inclination for exploring a wide array of technical disciplines.” – Full Review