Schlumberger Field Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

3.3

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

You will be asked questions about your GPA and where you would like to work as well as if you are flexible for traveling, stay calm and be yourself as the recruiters are interested in seeing you without tensions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus following the career fair. The interview is about an hour long. You get called back for a second interview about two weeks later. Second round is basically to see if you can function on little to no sleep. They make you stay awake till 4 am doing presentations and group activities. They expect you to wake up at 7 am ready to go on with your day. It's a two process. Get ready for the sleep deprivation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to take a leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict with a co-worker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

First round was pretty straightforward behavioural questions, second round got flown out. They tell you that on the job you'll have to work 16 hour days, and they make the second round very intense to see if you can handle it. They often have a team presentation that they make you do as well that accounts for a fairly large portion of their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Asia, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers
    then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Questions

• can you live together with men/woman while working?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

For the first interview, asked pretty straight-forward questions, but could tell they were just looking to fill a quota. Second interview was a group interview. They flew us out and had us do a two-day interview where they basically saw if you could work well in groups and present simple projects well enough. Also, kept us up until about 2 am to see if we could function.

Interview Questions

• Second interview: Present and answer questions on the topic of xx. Question given about a week in advance, not in anyone's area of expertise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

On Campus HR interview followed by psychometric test and technical interview. Total interview length was like 2-3 hours. They also require you to do a presentation in your field of study. Be honest and do not try to bluff if you don't know an answer. Just say you will look up for it.

Interview Questions

• Technical knowledge and general HR questions like strength and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I was approached to participate in a training program which encompassed in class training, rig site training, and on the job training. A thorough fixed step training process was presented and outlined potential career paths as one progressed through the training.

Interview Questions

• Having worked for the company only a short period of time, I was asked what exposure I have had to drilling tools and current working knowledge of said tools. I was also asked about my previous life experiences and what my strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of two interviews as well as a behavioral quiz. The first one was mainly behavioral questions and for the second one i was flown to another state where we had to do a group presentation with the fellow interviewees about the specific division. Also, there was a physical fitness test to measure the physical strength

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions asked were:
      -What made you become an engineer?
      -Why do you like the oil and gas industry?
      -Please state a difficult work/school problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in April 2011.

Interview

First interview was individual, Second interview was with a group and lasted about 30 hours. Not only was it an interview, but we were also shown a lot about what kind of work we'd be doing, so it actually kind of felt like a two-way interview - They were seeing if we were fit for the job, and we got to see if it'd be a good fit for us

Interview Questions

• Describe a "Macgiver Moment" that we've had/solved in our life   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

Applied online through the website. After one week had a phone conversation and after was invited to an interview in the office in Moscow. That was the first interview in my life. I wish I could prepare for it. There was nothing difficult at all. Just prepare and refresh your memory about some basic knowledge about mechanics and geometry before you go there.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell about yourself;
      2) Why do you want to work with us?
      3) Conversation in English language;
      4) Technical questions about petroleum and mechanical engineering.   Answer Question