Want a Free Job Posting?

Updated Oct 3, 2015
1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2013.

I met a member of the Schlumberger HR department who was presenting at a college careers event. He accepted my CV and I got an email nearer the end of my course, which was about two months later inviting me for an interview at their "assessment centre". The assessment centre was a group interview (twelve candidates) which lasted the whole day. Dress code was "smart casual" which pretty much meant suit but no tie. It included a presentation on the company (during which we were questioned on) an aptitude test based on mechanical and technical knowledge, group task where we had to work in teams to build a tower out of paper and sellotape, an individual presentation which was five minutes and a few slides on ourselves and our career goals and finally a one to one interview comprising of pretty standard interview questions. It appeared that we were assessed throughout the whole day not just during the tasks. I attempted to engage with the other candidates and the assessor shaking their hand, making eye contact and making relaxed chit chat between activities and during lunch. I commented that I had enjoyed the day and that the group task was particularly interesting as I enjoyed working with my team who were very competent and good to work with. This seemed to go down well with the assessor. Overall it was a good experience which I enjoyed and learned a lot from.

Interview Questions

• At the start of the one to one interview I was asked to assemble a valve (within a time limit of a few minutes) based on a technical drawing and a box of components which were presented to me.   3 Answers

My two year technical diploma (HND) which was required for this position also qualified me to enter university at year three which I chose to do instead of taking this position.