Schlumberger Geologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Geologist Interview Questions

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went through a phone interview after which I was invited for a 2nd interview on location. Very straight forward process, delivered a presentation, completed a 1 on 1 interview with the direct manager.

Received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about this segment and why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Sent in my resume online through my university they contacted me after I was picked for an interview spot. Spots were very limited, most of my classmates did not get a spot. I signed up for a spot online. There was one single person interviewing and the interview was horrible. The interviewer was so tired they kept yawning and mixed up the questions. Moreover, they complained about how much they had to fly and what state they had to be in tomorrow. They could not answer my questions and knew nothing about geology. When I answered a question about my resume they didn't even type any of it in the computer and it was relevant to all sorts of skills. The interviewer barely typed anything I said at all and was just yawning the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you created something to solve a problem. Like if you had a flat tire and you fixed it with nothing but a paperclip and a string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview, laid back. Second interview, 8 hour day with all-day interaction with managers and some staff.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2011.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a school career fair and had a next-day interview. Initially, the recruiter was most interested in my undergraduate course work, particularly quantitative/math courses. The interview was relaxed and we mostly talked about my internship experience. I was interested in finding a summer internship and she was looking more for full time employees. She encouraged me to apply for full-time. She was surprisingly disparaging of other interviewees she had talked to. I thought it was somewhat unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• She asked me a GRE-type question as a problem-solving question. How many degrees are between the two hands of a clock at a particular time. I had no trouble as I was studying for the GRE at the time.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2013.

Interview

1. Recruiting manager interviews first
    2. Interview on the job scope, history and career opportunity in Schlumberger
    3. Asked several personal questions like family background, medical condition, relationship etc.
    4. Second round involves 3 employees of schlumberger (senior grade)
    5. Candidates are required to present on their final year projects/technical skills and soft skills.
    6. Candidates have to utilize their problem solving skills in certain situations depicted by interviewers (can be easy or hard)

Interview Questions

• Elaboration on your final year projects as well as your soft skills, required to come out with a 5 minute presentation on the spot.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Met Schlumberger at university's career fair and gave them my resume. About 3 or 4 weeks later they contacted me and set up an interview for the following week. Interview consisted of some standard questions mixed in with many of the questions brought up here on glass door which are quite difficult. Questions such as "What is your best McGyver moment," and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• If given a boring and tedious task by your supervisor, what keeps you motivated to keep working hard?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

After introductions each of the candidates were asked to give a 10 minute presentation to the interview panel and the rest of the candidates outlining our strengths, weaknesses and a technical project that we had worked on.
    We then answered questions on our technical project. After this stage everyone was invited for individual interviews which lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions from CV, and a few simple technical questions - oil price, elements of a petroleum system etc.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

After submitting my resume, Slb recruiters contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. The call lasted about an hour and consisted of general behavioral interview questions. About a week later they asked me to interview in Houston where I had to give a 5 minute presentation on past research, toured the facilities, and interviewed/met with 2 senior geologists.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative solution you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2010.

Interview

Some behavioral questions, about myself, my educational background, my organizational experiences, my dream job, my daily activity, etc. Later on, he asked me about technical question, mainly he asked the questions after he asked me to tell my thesis. Tough enough, i did not manage to pass that interview.