Schlumberger HSE Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lawrence, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, about 45 minutes. In-person interview very organized and proffessional. Presentation was about projection more than content. Reimbursement for travel expenses offered. Take time for introspection; they seem to care about who you are as a person not just a potential employee. There were two separate panel interviews, each with 3 different employees. Plant tour was great experience. Ask questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cota (Colombia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Given I did not live in the city the company has main offices, first approach was through mobile, with the person I would report to. It was a normal interview asking my functions, experiences and challenges in current position.

I was told I would be informed if I moved on to the next stage of the selection process within a week, however it took two weeks and I got a call back asking me to travel to their base, with air tickets covered by the company.

On the night before the process (around 8 pm), I got a call from the person who interviewed me at first mentioning I would get a study case in English (this was in Colombia, Spanish native language) in my mailbox within the next minutes, which I had to review for the next morning exercises. I read the entire case, 42 pages of the investigation a major spill in the industry, of which I was not familiar, given terminology and so on, but I took the time and read it all (it was worth it).

I showed up next morning and it was 5 final candidates, including myself, and the interviewers all in the room, 8 of them, which was a bit intimidating, but challenging and interesting enough.

They asked 12 questions in English about the case we had studied and we had to answer a written exam, numbers, situations, etc. They told us it could be answered either English or Spanish.

Later on we had LEGOS in a table so we could make a representation of the incident occurred in the case, as a team of candidates, and then explain it.

Finally, the had us drawing a picture of ourselves about how we projected within the next 5 years and describing in 3 words. Then presenting all of these things either in English or Spanish,

I did it all in English, went on first, spoke for myself and got the position in the end, together with another girl who also used English and sold her self well.

Schlumberger is definitely a very particular company, hence its processes will be totally different, but exciting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a hard situation you had to deal with at work and what you did?
      How do you get people engaged to what you want them to?
      What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was working as a temp receptionist when this position opened up. Because I had background in HSE they took me right away and moved me to that position. No formal interview process was required. I don't think this is normal for them and I think it was an exception as they needed me right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me a decent wage based on my experiences.