Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

SIS - Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview two weeks later was contacted for an in office interview. Went to Houston facility. Hotel room and travel expenses were covered by SLB. Each gave 5-10 minute presentation on who you are and what you've been up to with work/studies. Had presentation on what the group does and benefits with SLB. Lunch break followed by 2-30 minute interviews with mgmt team. No technical questions were asked, all questions were about me as a person and my prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Do you enjoy working on multiple projects or prefer one at a time. Would you like to stay in a technical role or do you see yourself branching out? All were basic questions mainly about preference.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Application submitted online. Portfolio submitted as part of the process. Interview included HR phone screen, in-person panel interview (hiring manager and one staff person) and two technical tests (completed electronically).

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview, then was selected for the next round. Flew to Houston, TX. Interview started with breakfast and a presentation about the company. Next, we all did a case and presented it to management. We had lunch with the management team, then we had 2 30-minute panel interviews and a tour of the facility.

REMS/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Found Schlumberger at a career fair, had a great conversation, and went to their info session the next day (I think this is very important). Two weeks later, I was called in for an on-campus interview, which pretty much consisted of going through my resume. Two weeks after that, I was flown out to Houston for an interview there. The first day was just a site tour and an info session (pretty much the same one as before). The next day was a 7 minute presentation, followed by four 30-45 minute interviews. These were both technical and behavioral. Within two weeks, was offered a full time position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. First I was interviewed on campus after the info session and a few days later I was called for a second round of interviews in Houston TX with 2 weeks to prepare. The first day of the second round was for tours, meet and greet, presentation on the company, and a team building exercise. The second day was for presentations by the students on projects we have worked on and then four one on one interviews, mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• If you had a quality, safety and deadline issue, how would you go about it   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a two-day interview. The first was a campus tour, divided candidates into groups and some basic introduction. On the second day, there was a 7-min presentation first and it was followed by 4 interviews. I would say the form of the interviews were pretty casual, just grabbed a place in the hotel hall, it was more like chatting. The four interviewers are from different displines. Mine were from mechnical, computer science, geotechnical, and data science.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

7 minutes presentation followed by 4 rounds of 1-1 technical interviews. They separated male and female students. They are 30 females in total. All of them were engineers. It's said that 10 to 15 percents of applicants would be hired.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Two days process. First day flew to Houston, visit rig in their campus, dinner together and team activities (just for fun, no observation from HR). Second day, gave a 7 min presentation. and then 4 1:1 interview. Looks like to me the interviewers are very random, they gave you the names of interviews first day but change them second day morning cause someone are not available and they temporarily ask stb to stand in