Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

One of the best experiences to go through as an entry level engineer, the recruiters were field engineers before too and they invited other engineers to talk about the segments they worked on and the type of training and hour of work they had. they make sure they tell you, this job is not for everyone, it is 3 year of training and learning with working at least 80 hours a week and can get up to few days to few weeks if the job is not done. also, they told us some of their hard times were they had to stay more than 3 weeks next to the rig until the job was done.

my first interview was a normal quick behavioral questionnaire phone interview. they are just trying to make sure that you understand what are applying for.
    the second interview started around 6 pm with everyone introducing themselves then we talked about all the segments have openings available, with presentation from the us about segments we were asked to prepare for as groups or by engineers came to introduce those segments. we kept going until 4 am.
    the next day we woke up at 7, had a quick breakfast then got in a bus to visit the testing labs. we had a long tour from 8 am- 3 pm, looking over multiple labs and visiting a testing rig. after that, we went back to the hotel for exit interview and choosing the segment we want to be working for. then we went to eat and we were free to go home.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you will be good for this segment? and why would choose working > 80 hour in a field over 40 hours office job?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by the recruiter and got aninterview very fast. The Lady who interviewed me did not talk to me between Lobby and interview room which made the lift ride quite akward. The questions were all about negative examples of my current Job and how I have overcome them. I was not interested in the Job and they were not interested in me The chemistry with the Manager was just off from the very first moment. I amsure it is for someone, but the personalities clearly did not match

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosharon, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rosharon, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR then face to face interviews with 3 managers. After the interviews, one of the managers gave me tour of the facilities and office areas.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a load path?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with working in sometimes harsh outdoors wearing safety gear environment?   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and repeated the questions politely when I couldn't hear her well. I didn't get a second interview offer but I had a positive experience considering this was my very first interview to join the workforce.

SIS - Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview two weeks later was contacted for an in office interview. Went to Houston facility. Hotel room and travel expenses were covered by SLB. Each gave 5-10 minute presentation on who you are and what you've been up to with work/studies. Had presentation on what the group does and benefits with SLB. Lunch break followed by 2-30 minute interviews with mgmt team. No technical questions were asked, all questions were about me as a person and my prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Do you enjoy working on multiple projects or prefer one at a time. Would you like to stay in a technical role or do you see yourself branching out? All were basic questions mainly about preference.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Application submitted online. Portfolio submitted as part of the process. Interview included HR phone screen, in-person panel interview (hiring manager and one staff person) and two technical tests (completed electronically).

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview, then was selected for the next round. Flew to Houston, TX. Interview started with breakfast and a presentation about the company. Next, we all did a case and presented it to management. We had lunch with the management team, then we had 2 30-minute panel interviews and a tour of the facility.

REMS/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Found Schlumberger at a career fair, had a great conversation, and went to their info session the next day (I think this is very important). Two weeks later, I was called in for an on-campus interview, which pretty much consisted of going through my resume. Two weeks after that, I was flown out to Houston for an interview there. The first day was just a site tour and an info session (pretty much the same one as before). The next day was a 7 minute presentation, followed by four 30-45 minute interviews. These were both technical and behavioral. Within two weeks, was offered a full time position.