Schlumberger Interview Questions in Indonesia | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Londo (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Londo (Indonesia)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 interviews with different levels of people who work at the company and who were looking for someone to hire. It was long and had lots of questions about who I was and why I want to work for them

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

Straight forward and the interviewer was a good listener. As a graduate candidate I had several interviews and hiring process before Schlumberger and Schlumberger was the best interview I had.

Application

Interview

The interview is basically more on to see candidate personality when working in the field, how to solve a problem, how to work under pressure and to see whther the candidate will be suitable to work as a field engineer or no. The interview will be used as well to check candidate analytical skills and leadership sense. The company is also expecting that the candidate had an idea of the company background itself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical achievement
      2. How deep your understanding of the company   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The Hiring process has 5 steps, Communication skill, Aptitude test, Focus Group Dynamic, HR Interview, and User Interview. At the 1st step your English communication will be tested by the recruiter. This step took 2-3 min. The 2nd step Aptitude test. This is a written test, and took approximately 60 min. The 3rd step is Focus Group Dynamic, recent candidates wil be divided into a several groups. Each group will be tested to solve a problem. I didn't pass to 4th and 5th step so I don't know the rest.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Nothing techncial, just experience. He asked me about school, how I'm coping with it, and what made me want to work there. I was also asked if I knew what Sclumberger does but I kinda bombed it. It was fine though, as if it matters.

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

there was three different process:
    1. We need to take a random paper from bowl of papers. The paper has a question which topic is very general, and probably has nothing to do with any technical-understanding. What they want to know from this process is the way we handle & communicate during unexpected situation.
    2. Team building game: design (on paper) a car that can be used in the dessert, and present it in front of other team. The Schlumberger people really judge people on personal level. Don't be too bossy, because Schlumberger might think that you are a difficult person to work with.
    3. Interview: standard question about personal, achievement, and why choosing the job,

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Depok, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Depok, West Java (Indonesia)) in April 2013.

Interview

communication test, aptitude test, group discusiion test

Interview Questions

• haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)   1 Answer

Negotiation

haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was an university recruitment took whole day session (Stage 1-3). Stage 1 is communication skill interview 1:1. Answer random question. Stage 2 is aptitude test, math & physics. Stage 3 is focus group discussion (team work solving case).

The following weeks I did the stage 4. HR interview: the interview is mainly about yourself, your hobby & background check and other personality questions. They ask about 1.) Tell me about your self 2.) What sport do you do 3.) Do you like travelling 4.) Wheter I have short time plan to married or not (because I am a woman) 5.) How do you see yourself in 10 years. In 1 month they emailed me that I pass the stage 4. But after that I ve been on hold about 5 months to attend the user/final interview. I hope in the next 2 weeks it will be done & I will update this review.

Stage 5 is medical check up. Then will be conducting field exposure about 1 week maybe. And et voila.. welcome to schlumberger

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult time in your life ?
      Don't you want to live like your mom, play the role as a mom/ nice housewife ?
      Do you think you are though ? proof it   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)) in October 2012.

Interview

first is one by one interview, we have to take our turn with another hundreds participants, usually there are lots of interviewer.
    the first one is a simple question asking for our way of thinking about something in general, the objective is to know the way we act or think, and the level of our english speaking as it is mandatory for the training program.
    second test is IQ test, about math and physics, some people need to study, some people dont.
    third test if forum group discussion
    fourth test is interview with HR
    fifth test is interview with senior employee

Interview Questions

• thesis, similar working experience during college, our personalities and competencies   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years