Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,904 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

I was called for a Phone interview, then I came in for a face to face interview. The same day I saw 2 other interviewers. Next day , they sent me an offer package with drug test instructions and a offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst day at work. What is your most negative quality of character while at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, they elevated my salary and vacation a little.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

You have 2 rounds of interview first is just general HR questions i had mine on campus and second round in on site interview that is if your through the second round. Usually you hear form them in a week or 2 after the 1st round if you selected.

Interview Questions

• Since i didnt make it through second round , nothing was tough for the 1st round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

1st Interview - On Campus - Initially did not get through the campus selection, was later invited after the inko session.
    Interview: One-on-one with petro-technical recruiter
    - General Introduction
    - One strength and weakness

Duration 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where two co-workers/colleagues were in conflict.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Go through resume and experience related to this major
    Very basic behavior interview questions:
    Example for problem solving
    Example to take the lead
    Career development question:
    willingness to go on the field
    The interviewers will not give out their contact info, so there is pointless to follow up
    If you get it, it is very fast. If not, rejection letter comes a year later.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2012.

Interview

this happened in our school career center, and they asked me some questions according to my resume. one question is to test whether you can work in a group. it is better to provide some examples to pursuade the recruiter. he also talked with me about my research. Ask me some questions about how i solved the problems.

Interview Questions

• no very difficult questions but an bomb alarm happened in my school that day. and we got no offer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of me having a 20 minute discussion with the recruiter at my college campus. The recruiter was very nice and asked a lot of questions about my experience and how I could be a contributing member for the company. Come prepared to the interview and have a list of question prepared for the recruiter about the position you are applying for, this is a must.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges of working with people from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

One on one interview where basic questions to get to know you were initially asked. Then got into the presented internship opportunity. At the end there was a problem solving question with no "right" answer, as interviewer was just curious to know how you would go about determining an answer.

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Job Fair interview, fairly basic behavioral questions

waited for better offer

Petrophysicist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied online and then had over the phone interview after a week or so , basic and general questions, then had onsite interview for a few hours all good nothing difficult just typical interview, couple of days later received an offer and I accept it
    Overall everything was nice and smooth but to be honest, this company is not meant to everyone you got be willing to run the extra mile to make it through

Interview Questions

• Typical technical questions related to my background in geology?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

1 hour phone screening
    1-2 hour interview at facility--- reviewed resume, and was very brief. Did not go into too much detail about job. Ask a few technical questions-- not many.