Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018
1,873 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

On campus recruiting followed by a visit of the site and interviews with the team. During the visit they will ask you to talk about your projects and background and then will ask you to expand on topics they feel are interesting and relevant to the internship. I went through this process with each of the three members of the team I worked in (including the manager)

Interview Questions

• Questions about the projects I worked on during my degree and some related technical questions. Also talked about the projects they are working on to see if its a good fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The interviewer seemed interested and had good knowledge in his domain. The interview focused more on behavioral aspects of previous work experience.
    The communication from HR personnel could have been more prompt and clear.
    The decision was communicated after 3 months.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through online and got offered the phone interview by signing up the slot on the spreadsheet they sent. Phone interview consisted of typical questions and tried to see if I can deal with hard situation. They offered a second on-site interview few days later and I'm preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with people who went against you in the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted for a phone interview and then asked to a three-day interview on-site at their headquarters.

The first interview is fairly basic - mainly behavioral questions. The second interview is more focused on teamwork and learning about the company and field engineering position. You meet with the recruiting team (composed of former field engineers) and during your second interview, you are asked about with product line and location you prefer and why. If you're not familiar with oil and gas, it may be helpful to do some research into the product lines so you can make an informed decision.

The interview process was took about two weeks or so, but the offer letter is not supposed to come until another two to four weeks (I requested mine early due to a conflict with another company).

The recruiting team was super friendly! I would take full advantage them and ask as many questions as possible.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

Group meeting, then individual interviews. Was offered a job a few minutes after the interview. I thought it would be a longer process. Was actually suprised and appreciated how it went.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would like the work.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone interview after 2 weeks of application. Was invited for second interview following week of phone interview. My second interview is in OK. i am still preparing for second interview, hopefully i will get this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as Field Engineer?
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a someone who had opposite personality
      Tell me about a time when you faced a failure
      Tell me about a time when worked in group   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

For a contracting position this interview consisted of a two-hour interview with the lead UX designer, UX manager, and another UX researcher. I was able to talk a lot about my previous experiences and ask questions about Schlumberger and the research methods typically used in this office.

PDP Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Two days process, 1st day presentations includes all the details about job and job scope. Also, team building game. 2nd day field tour and Interview. Got the offer letter after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• team work situation? stressful time at work? why is man hole circle not square? they just want to know how can you tackle a problem.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Second round interview: was flown out to Tennessee and they showed us around an actual site. The interview session lasted 2 days and was conducted in a group of ~30 people

Interview Questions

• Very short 15 minute interview at the end of the 2nd day   1 Answer

Production Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

They called and asked me to interview for them at 8 A.M on a following weekday. I was excited at first because it on was my birthday that the interview was setup. I had morning plans but I figured I would be there 30-45 minutes at most. Only when I got there, they announced it was actually a hiring event. So I, along with 40 other guys, had to wait to be interviewed one by one. They didn't even bother to mention that over the phone. I sat there for 2 1/2 hours before I got to interview. It ruined my birthday plans, and I didn't even get an offer. I felt very confident that I did well too. I would love to know who got the offer, considering most of the other applicants were wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt there. The rest were in khakis and a polo, but still was not dressed professionally. Thanks for wasting everyone's time Scumberger...