Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,570 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Presenting your previous work in an hour talk. Then having one by one interview with a few people in that department and some outside the department. Most of the technical questions was about the work I presented. Interview with HR as well.

Interview Questions

• I only got math questions regarding the work I presented   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simplistic and not academically challenging. Pretty much about biographic interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you guarantee that you will not leave for a better pay after acquiring much needed experience?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

30 minute interview where I met with a former field engineer that talked about how it would be a rough 3 years before I could do anything else within the company, but how it was very educational and beneficial.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied online and the interviewed on the phone once. Pretty easy and conversation based interview, took a couple weeks to get an offer/feedback. Once accepted you had to complete the hair and urine drug test. I had a great experience overall.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a university career fair. The interview was one on one and lasted thirty minutes. Mainly logical and technical questions, little behavioral questions. Felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• If you are sitting on a boat with an anchor, and you throw the anchor overboard, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the career fair and the infomation session later on, and received a interview the next day on campus. if I passed the interview, I am going to take the onsite interview.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interacted with the representative at the college career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day which lasted 30 mins. A week later, I was notified of being selected for the second round at Houston. The interviewer was easy to talk with, asked to explain a project from the resume, asked basic behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• why Schlumberger, give an example of conflicts while working in a team and how you resolved it, etc.   Answer Question

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic 1st round behavioral interview where the interviewer asked a few common interview questions and questions about my resume. There were about 5 questions asked. Interview ended after interviewer answered some of my questions.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. First I was interviewed on campus after the info session and a few days later I was called for a second round of interviews in Houston TX with 2 weeks to prepare. The first day of the second round was for tours, meet and greet, presentation on the company, and a team building exercise. The second day was for presentations by the students on projects we have worked on and then four one on one interviews, mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• If you had a quality, safety and deadline issue, how would you go about it   Answer Question