Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
1,554 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied online and the interviewed on the phone once. Pretty easy and conversation based interview, took a couple weeks to get an offer/feedback. Once accepted you had to complete the hair and urine drug test. I had a great experience overall.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a university career fair. The interview was one on one and lasted thirty minutes. Mainly logical and technical questions, little behavioral questions. Felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• If you are sitting on a boat with an anchor, and you throw the anchor overboard, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the career fair and the infomation session later on, and received a interview the next day on campus. if I passed the interview, I am going to take the onsite interview.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interacted with the representative at the college career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day which lasted 30 mins. A week later, I was notified of being selected for the second round at Houston. The interviewer was easy to talk with, asked to explain a project from the resume, asked basic behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• why Schlumberger, give an example of conflicts while working in a team and how you resolved it, etc.   Answer Question

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic 1st round behavioral interview where the interviewer asked a few common interview questions and questions about my resume. There were about 5 questions asked. Interview ended after interviewer answered some of my questions.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied through a resume drop at my college. Was notified about a phone interview ~2 weeks later. Interview consisted partially of behavioral questions and then several questions about mechanics/materials. I was notified about receiving the position several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe the stress - strain curve of steel   Answer Question
    • How would a cylinder of steel deform under compression force from both ends   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for internship before but did not get the offer. A hr reached out to me months later and invited me to an on-site interview. Candidates were given a campus tour the day before the interview. The interview includes first a 7 min presentation on any project you did, then 3 min Q&A. Followed by 4 individual interviews with project/hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Further questions about your past experience with some basic technical questions. Some may not be relevant to your areas of specialty...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied directly and got a call for an interview. It was a simple question and answer interview. Was asked about my expectations from the role and what I aim to learn

Dispatcher (II Or More Years Experience) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume submission through Rigzone. 30 minute phone interview. 2nd interview in person at corporate office. The second interview was a panel interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter. The hiring manager was cordial. The recruiter was unprofessional, condescending and combative (I got a bad recruiter on this one. If you get a different recruiter your experience will be different from mine). The hiring manager and recruiter were discussing other internal candidates and hiring needs during my interview. The recruiter spoke to the hiring manager about me in third person and said that my skill level was that of a receptionist. I was made an offer, but the offer was $6.00 - $9.00 an hour less than was discussed in our initial phone interview. Needless to say I declined.
    Schlumberger is on my top 20 list of large companies to work for in Houston. I still believe Schlumberger is a good company. Unfortunately, my experience in this interview is a reflection of two people operating on their own outside of Schlumberger standards. Candidates should still apply to Schlumberger.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Process is complicated. All handled through HR which means local management cannot hold interviews at the shop. Harder to hire locally. Most people are hired from out of state these days and are made false promises. Plus most eventually will quit to move back home.