Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017
1,751 Interview Reviews

2.9

REMS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two rounds. First round on campus, 1-1 with HR. Second round in Houston, group interview with several other candidates, starting with a 7-minute presentation followed by 4 rounds of 1-1 technical interviews.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Three people sat with me and asked a variety of questions about skills and work history. What I had to bring to the company and where from the outside where did I think we should spend their time and effort to improve their supply chain.

Interview Questions

• describe the last time you did a home renovation project ( a DIY) what did you learn and what would you differently.   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX).

Interview

30 minutes' campus interview, just behavioral questions. The guy talked to me is an engineer who got PhD degree in math, but the talk was very relaxing and he was nice. I got the onsite interview opportunity but finally gave up due to some personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience of a project that you had difficulties at first   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Very basic. They will also try to sell you on Schlumberger in the first interview. The lifestyle isnt for everyone so they want to know if you want to work a tough schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying abroad.   1 Answer
    • What is your back up plan if you dont get a job by graduation?   1 Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Frisco, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, very brief, roughly 10-15 minute conversation with the recruiter asking me about my background and qualifications. About a week later, I was invited to a 3 day hiring event. I received an itinerary with flight times and dates, along with the hotel I would be staying at. If you live more than 4 hours away from the interview site, they will fly you up there, otherwise, you have to drive. A few days later, I received an agenda on what to expect.

The first day, for the most part, was a travel day. I got there in the early afternoon, met my roommate, grabbed some lunch, and just hung around the hotel until we had to head to the office for presentations later on that evening. A bus came pick up about 60 of us (don't let that intimidate you, there are PLENTY of openings for everybody) and we were given a ride to the office. After we all got settled in in the conference room, the Schlumberger people that would be doing the interviews introduced themselves, told us a little bit about their career paths with Schlumberger and why they enjoyed it. Afterwards, we all went up in front of the room 1 by 1 and introduced ourselves, shared what hobbies we enjoyed, what position we were applying for, and our best "MacGyver moment" (once again, as others have said, it doesn't have to be anything that really happened, the recruiters want to see your creative side).

After doing that, they fed us and we were given presentations and the run down on what positions were open and what locations they were open at. MAKE SURE YOU ASK QUESTIONS! The recruiters are carefully observing everybody to see who is engaged and interested in the line of work. We were given presentations until about midnight, at which point we got our PPE for the facility tour the next day, bussed back to the hotel and went to sleep.

The next morning, we got up at around 6 to get ready for the facility tour, in which they took us to the frac equipment facility in nearby Denton. You'll be broken off into 3 different groups based on which position you are applying for. MAKE SURE YOU ASK QUESTIONS! We took a tour of the facility for a couple of hours, and afterwards we were bussed to lunch and back to the hotel to change for our final interviews.

Once we got back to the Frisco office, we were again broken up in groups of 3 based on what position we were applying for and interviewed. First it was ET's/MT's, next was Field Ticketing Specialists (which, for those of you going for this position, MAKE SURE YOU ARE PROFICIENT IN EXCEL! They give an Excel test before the interview and there were some very good candidates who didn't get offers because they couldn't pass the test, which is a big part of the job), and finally, Field Specialists.

The interview was pretty straight forward, asking me which segment I wanted to work in, what location, why, and if there were any concerns about the job. There was also no pressure as I got to chat with the guy interviewing me several times beforehand.

Afterwards, we all went out for dinner and drinks. They'll tell you the interview is over, but they're really watching you to see who takes advantage of the open bar and who is mingling with other candidates. We stuck around for a couple of hours before being bussed back to the hotel, and the next day shuttle busses came pick you up depending on your flight time and you went home.

All in all, it was a good experience. About 85% of us received job offers, the only ones who didn't were the ones who couldn't pass the Excel test for the Field Ticketing Position, and 3 candidates who decided the job wasn't right for them. Just be engaged, ask questions, and you'll do just fine.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

They came to our career fair, and told us to sign up for interviews. Had a phone call interview wit the recruiter. The recruiter was very nice, and just asked me questions about my resume. A few technical questions about the work listed in my resume, but nothing difficult at all. Told me that she would send over my application to the relevant teams needing interns. Said I was going to hear back in a month.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Talked to a representative at a Career Fair. He asked me some questions about what I was involved with on campus and about some of my experiences at other internships. He said I seemed like a good fit for one of their programs and that he would recommend me for an interview, and that interview is in a few days.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced during your previous internship and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Workforce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

So I made it to my interview on time but had to wait 20 minutes before they were ready to see me. Not a good start. Then there were three ladies that sat in on the interview and one got up while I was answering their question and she just walked out. No excuse me or nothing. So rude and unprofessional. Plus it wasn't as professional as I would of liked to see. Girls walking around with their hair colored yellow, purple and blue?? I mean I know it was a Friday but, come on! I believe there are more professional locations in Houston for this company that are to a higher standard. I don't dislike this company because of this one experience.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach another employee with something that is inaccurate?   Answer Question
    • are you comfortable being on call 24 hrs. during different shifts?   Answer Question
    • Am I comfortable with the pay?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was offered the job after performing well in a couple of summer internships with them. They treat the ten weeks of the internship as an extended interview process, and they offer you a job not too long after you finish your internship if they are happy with your work.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

A first round phone interview. About 15 min. The interview was scheduled via email. They asked me to select a time and the interviewer called on time. Basically behavioral questions. The interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest decision you made in the past 6 months   Answer Question