Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2,258 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

It was a very smooth interview process: Initial Phone call-Portfolio review-Another round of interview-Offer
    The team is pretty nice and HR is very professional
    Over interview took around 2 weeks that's all

REMS Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an interview through on-campus career fair. the interview was a mix of behavioural and technical questions. Then I got an onsite interview. there we had to do a presentation which was followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Questions

• About basic mechanical engineering, Strength of materials   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Interview set up through my university, simple HR questions. Invited to 2nd interview in OKC where we did group activities and visited a well site. Never received a yes or no after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Early morning presentation followed by 4 one-on-one interviews with various people in different departments. The night before they give you a presentation about Schlumberger and you have the chance to talk to many of those people who you may have an interview with.

Interview Questions

• Lots about stress-strain graphs and some manufacturing questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied to job on university job board got chosen for an in person interview at my university campus. They asked basic questions like why I wanted to become an engineer and why I wanted to work in oil and gas.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I had a conversation with recuiters at the university career fair and was invited to a next day interview. The interview consisted of five basic behavioral questions and a couple technical questions. For the technical, they really just want to see how you think through the questions.
    Following the first round of interviews, I was invited to the fianl round of recruiting. There were around 30-40 of us, and Schlumberger paid for a hotel and travel accomodations. At the event, there was a meet and greet event on the first night where you interacted with other applicants and current employees. The next day consisted of a technical presentation and 4 interviews.
    Overall, the experience was relatively well organized. We were told that if an offer would be extended within two weeks; however, I never heard back. The lack of communication on the back end was the only frustrating part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to organize something   2 Answers

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

A recruiter came to my college campus. I submitted my resume and had the first round of interviews on campus. Then if you made it past this round, the company flies you out for the second round of interviews which lasts a few days. They have you do team activities and a group presentation. They take time to give you more information on the role and the company. The goal of this round is to keep you up late, and wake you up early the next morning for a full day to see if you can handle the lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to work to get the job done? (If your answer is anything less than "whatever it takes" you will not get the job. If you say "I'm willing to work 80 hr weeks, but would prefer less" you likely will not get the job.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. A presentation that is about 7minutes requires interviewees to talk about a project he has done. The interviewers will also ask some questions about your project after your presentation.
    2. 4 round interview including 2 behavior and 2 technique question. Behavior questions will more focus on resume and technique questions are always about coding and Time complexity.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of OOD? What is functional programming?
      What is most challenge part of your project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Second round involves presentation and a round robin interview with employees from different job functions. Great chance to ask about the company during the second round.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

The interviews were pretty basic and were directed towards checking if an individual would fit well into there system. It was majorly resume and behavioral with hardly any technical questions.