Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Phone interview. Lasts about half an hour. Just like traditional technical interview. We talked about my course project experiences, course I have taken, and fundamental algorithm questions like quicksort and mergesort.

Interview Questions

• Project experiences, algorithm questions, technical details about python and C++   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview in which they asked me typical interview questions, as well as whether "I even really want this job". Their tactic seemed to be intimidation. I got the second interview and then flew me to OKC for a 2 day interview with 15 or so other candidates. The activities started in the evening, where we met and got to know one another. They then presented information on Schlumberger and the different types of field engineering. They kept us up until 3 AM and we had to be on the bus the next morning to visit a rig site. We had exit interviews in the evening of the second day, then they brought us to dinner and then we were free to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any reservations for working for Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Elk City, OK).

Interview

Interview went well. It was a one on one 30 minutes interview which involved a few behavioral questions. It's important that you show how handy you are and also capable of working long hours

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview about 20 minutes, all basic questions. Be prepared, and answer every question as if you would love to be a Field Engineer if you want to advance to the next interview. I think the reason why I didn't pass the interview was because I asked about days off and pay etc. Ask questions more about the experience and seem willingly to do anything on the interview if you want to pass.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Application submitted online. Portfolio submitted as part of the process. Interview included HR phone screen, in-person panel interview (hiring manager and one staff person) and two technical tests (completed electronically).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke to them at career showcase and got an email a few days later for an in-person interview. Then got accepted to second interview for an on-site rig interview. It was a really cool learning experience. I loved it. Don't expect to get ANY sleep and be prepared. A week before you will get a group presentation with other candidates and will be easiest to collaborate over google docs and some sort of video chat to practice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in that segment and what equipment will you be using?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lawrence, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a company presentation at my college where I talked to the recruiter and applied online. I received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were working with your hands and had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question
    • Estimate the height if you were to stack a million one dollar bills.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

30 minute interview where I met with a former field engineer that talked about how it would be a rough 3 years before I could do anything else within the company, but how it was very educational and beneficial.