Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,595 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Elk City, OK).

Interview

Interview went well. It was a one on one 30 minutes interview which involved a few behavioral questions. It's important that you show how handy you are and also capable of working long hours

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

First interview was a standard phone interview. The recruiter contacted me by email after finding my application through SLB's careers website for resume drops -- we set up a time and date and then he called me. Got questions like "Why SLB? Why field engineer? Describe a time when you've had to adapt to something really hard. Etc." Afterwards, got an email inviting me in for a second interview.

Second interview was same as others have described here. They flew me out to one of their sites, where I gave a presentation (topic assigned two days before, and working in a group with three other people) on an SLB segment. Then they had us do a team building activity ("build a thing in a limited amount of time with these random objects" kind of thing) and kept us up until past 2am with more presentations about the company.

Second day of second interview (the whole thing, plus travel time, eats up three days) they have you wake up around 6-7am for breakfast and take you out to a sample rig. You wander around, ask some questions, make sure your safety gear is on at all times, etc. Then they bring you back to the hotel and start exit interviews.

From what I could tell, the exit interviews were pretty brutal. Several people on my team actually came out crying, or very shaken at the least. Be prepared to have your conviction questioned. Be prepared to be asked extensively about WHY you want a certain segment, or to be out in the field at all. These guys REALLY want you to be sure that you know what you're getting into. The exit interview isn't for impressing the recruiters anymore -- it's for convincing them that you know exactly what you're getting into, and that you actually, actively want this job, more so than anything else, and that you aren't just trying to come in with half-assed convictions.

Then there's a dinner where you can chat with more field engineers. Very laid-back and fun, and nice after the grilling from the exit interview. You fly home the day after.

Ultimately, although I likely won't be joining them in the future, I feel it was a well-designed process. The recruiters were very friendly and accommodating, yet at the same time blunt and truthful about how hard the job would be. You think that, after reading a few things on the internet, including many of the reviews here, you KNOW you would be willing to do this job? The interview process is really designed to make you question that fully, and if you, like me, realize at the end that it's not for you, the process will have worked and they won't be unhappy at you for it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job over literally anything else you could be doing?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds, first round was basically behavior questions with a little bit technical questions. Second round was on-site. 4 interviewers and 1 presentation. It was tough but interviewers were really nice.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

For the first round there was a campus interview which I had to call in to. The second round was a whole day affair which consisted of presenting a case study and 2 separate interviews with different sets of managers.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

My interview was very easy. I knew someone who worked there. It is no longer that way. They now do multiple rounds of interviewing. They start with a phone interview and then a panel.

SIS - Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview two weeks later was contacted for an in office interview. Went to Houston facility. Hotel room and travel expenses were covered by SLB. Each gave 5-10 minute presentation on who you are and what you've been up to with work/studies. Had presentation on what the group does and benefits with SLB. Lunch break followed by 2-30 minute interviews with mgmt team. No technical questions were asked, all questions were about me as a person and my prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Do you enjoy working on multiple projects or prefer one at a time. Would you like to stay in a technical role or do you see yourself branching out? All were basic questions mainly about preference.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

i applied to the summer internship through employee referral. Sent email to recruiter from friend and got selected to move on to the next round which was phone screening.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Presenting your previous work in an hour talk. Then having one by one interview with a few people in that department and some outside the department. Most of the technical questions was about the work I presented. Interview with HR as well.

Interview Questions

• I only got math questions regarding the work I presented   Answer Question