Schlumberger Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,070 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,070 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very abstract and behavioral. Person asking to code kept peeping in my paper while I was trying to code and did not let me talk through my method. Also did not know the language I was comfortable in.

Interview Questions

• To execute a doubly linked list and give its complexity   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

(I got the interview on an on-campus career fair)After greetings, just some simple questions based on your resume (technique, but not as deep as you might expected), them some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• some special questions based on your preferred programming language   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

a 30-minute phone interview, went through my resume and asked some details, with some simple technical questions including SVM and Naive Bayes. The interviewer was not much patient and I didn't answer well so I failed

Interview Questions

• What's dynamic programming?   1 Answer

Mud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO).

Interview

Personal interviews with multiple people. Testing on math skills. Basic math up to some calculus. Took a few weeks to get an official offer. Now I'm just writing more words

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Attended campus career fair, where I met with a recruiter who encouraged me to apply online. One week later I got a call scheduling for an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of behavioral and specific questions about Schlumberger, so understand the company .

Interview Questions

• Why Schlumberger?
      Describe a time you did something wrong in the field.
      Describe a time you had hands on experience.
      What do you know about what Field Engineers do?
      Are you willing to travel/commit to your job/not being home often?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. There were about 5-6 representatives from the company in various rooms and they were seeing maybe like 50 + people that day. The interview slots were supposed to be 30 minutes, but they were running about 15-20 minutes late by the afternoon. The person who interviewed me had no idea what was going on recruiting wise, and supposedly entered all the information I gave her into a laptop computer for some other recruiter to go over. I had questions about the job at the end of the interview, but she told me we were out of time and I could ask them later on if I made it to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite job from your resume and what you liked about it?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

After phone interview from third party recruiter went to Oklahoma City. Didn't wear a suit. Group style. Went to some well sites and a yard. Went drinking with the recruiters and fellow interviewees. Be yourself

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Got the interview from a campus recruiting event. Shortly after, I interviewed on campus for about 20 minutes. About a week later, I received an email regarding a second interview. It was a 3 day interviewing process. First night is intros, presentations (you have to make a short group presentation with the group youre assigned), and some ice breakers. This goes on until about 2 am. The next morning you head to a rig and do a tour of that then you come back to the hotel and do exit interviews followed by a group dinner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

One of the best experiences to go through as an entry level engineer, the recruiters were field engineers before too and they invited other engineers to talk about the segments they worked on and the type of training and hour of work they had. they make sure they tell you, this job is not for everyone, it is 3 year of training and learning with working at least 80 hours a week and can get up to few days to few weeks if the job is not done. also, they told us some of their hard times were they had to stay more than 3 weeks next to the rig until the job was done.

my first interview was a normal quick behavioral questionnaire phone interview. they are just trying to make sure that you understand what are applying for.
    the second interview started around 6 pm with everyone introducing themselves then we talked about all the segments have openings available, with presentation from the us about segments we were asked to prepare for as groups or by engineers came to introduce those segments. we kept going until 4 am.
    the next day we woke up at 7, had a quick breakfast then got in a bus to visit the testing labs. we had a long tour from 8 am- 3 pm, looking over multiple labs and visiting a testing rig. after that, we went back to the hotel for exit interview and choosing the segment we want to be working for. then we went to eat and we were free to go home.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you will be good for this segment? and why would choose working > 80 hour in a field over 40 hours office job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The interview process was fairly casual. I met with with 3 managers that asked basic questions about my experience and knowledge of the company. It was a friendly environment and I felt very at-ease.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions regarding the laboratory technology   Answer Question