Schlumberger Engineering Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Engineering Technician Interview Questions

2.7

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

It was an okay interview, but I never heard back from the company so I would have appreciated a straightforward response whether or not I got the position.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Smooth but communication with personnel after the interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I was urgently seeking a new job due to being unhappy at my previous job.

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2010.

Interview

Initial contact from company was by e-mail, followed up by telephone interview, which lasted about 5 mins, and enquired about the role and location I would prefer to work in.
    Next stage was 2-day group interview ( 7 candidates) at London Gatwick. All cost of flights, hotels etc. were refunded by the company.
    Interview was very relaxed and informal, consisting of 5 interviewers, from various parts of the world. After introduction to interviewers and overview of the company, each candidate completed a maths test paper and a mechanical test paper (maths test was very hard). A team building excercise followed, where each group had to complete a task using what was on the table, in this case sheets of paper and a roll of selotape.
    After 1st day of interviews, the company took us to a little pub in the country for a meal and drinks, all at the companies expense. This was again very informal and relaxed, and gave you the chance to talk with the interviewers over a glass of beer.
    Next day was your personal interview with 4 interviewers. Asked about you previous work experience and where you feel you would fit into company. Normal interview questions.
    Overall the whole process was so informal and relaxed.
    I was told a desicion would be made within 2 weeks wheather I had been successful or not.
    Got an e-mail 2 weeks later offering me the job as "International Commuter", trainee handling specialist.
    Looking forward to starting my new career on 1st Sept 2010.

Interview Questions

• What in my working career to date has been my biggest challenge ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about salary, but there was some discussion on wheather you preferred to work land based or marine based.