Schlumberger Field Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houma, LA).

Interview

Applied on-line, recruiter contacted me 1-2 months later. one month after that I was asked if I wanted to interview for a position. I accepted, had 2nd interview via on-line video. Interview was easy and relaxed, expected you to know a little about the job and the company. Really wanted know if being away or traveling a lot would be an issue, wanted to know if you were hands on kind of person.

Interview Questions

• Working in a team, how have you handled a difficult situation?
      What do you look for in a supervisor?
      Do you work well having a supervisor tell you what to do?
      what do you do if you have a team member not contributing as they should?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

First interview was by phone was then invited to attend second interview. Second interview was a 2 day process. 1st day was a presentation with a "team building exercise", 2nd day was a tour of their training facilities followed by formal interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houma, LA).

Interview

I actually had to go to 4 interviews. The first 2 were semi-formal and just getting to know you and they are usually held locally where they are recruiting. The 3rd was a formal interview which was held at one of their training schools in Tulsa, Oklahoma which spanned 3 days that involved presentations describing the company and its culture and on the last day was the formal face to face interview. The 4th interview was held in Houma, Louisiana at your potential work base where you get a one-on-one with your potential future manager and get a tour of the facilities and meet a few of your potential work mates. Note that during the 3rd and 4th interview all travel, lodging, and meals are provided or paid for by SLB.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were working in a team project and your team experienced a major problem. How did you and your team react to this situation and resolved the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice and informative. He asks the basic questions on your resume but the phone interview is hard to hear if your connection isn't great so try hard to pay attention. A little stressful but nothing too hard. I thought I was panicking but apparently not cause the interview went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm going to the a second interview next month.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview came a month after applying, was told it was for Mudlogging. 2nd interview I was flown to Houston, TX for 2-day process in Sugarland. On 1st day we all were informed there were about 8 different types of jobs besides mudlogging. Informative as the first day was about each jobs' duties and lifestyles, a quick turn around of choosing was expected. 2nd day included test rig site tour and individual interviews dependent upon job selection.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important measurement/data with on-site wireline data acquisition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only negotiable factors are start date and location. Salary is not; they tell you this during 2nd interview.

Interview

Was contacted by the Willis Group because they found my resume on Monster.com, had an initial over the phone interview with them. Then I got a phone call from a Schlumberger recruiter to learn more about the job, and asked questions about troubleshooting that I have done in the past amd how I fixed them.

About 2 weeks later, they flew me out to Denver for a group interview and explanation of all the benefits and what the job will actually be. They paid for the flight and hotel, and reimburse for food and mileage to and from the airport.

The interview was with 2 Schlumberger employees and they asked questions relating to troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 light switches in a room that turn on lights in 3 different room, once you leave the room you cannot come back into the room.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Alfred, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Alfred, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly extensive and seemed to successfully eliminate candidates who lacked the motivation or requirements to perform at a high level. My interview experience went as follows: Met with recruiter at career fair and submitted resume - Was invited for one-on-one interview with recruiter the following day - Was invited for second interview in Tulsa, OK which lasted 3 days and included group activity - Was offered job the week following my interview in Tulsa.

Overall, the interview experience provided a lot of information about the company, culture, and lifestyle; all of which were fairly accurate in comparison to life after taking the job.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you have a balance (scale) and you have five seemingly identical spheres of an unknown mass. Four of the five spheres have the same mass, while one is slightly different, but cannot be distinguished by simply feeling them. In as few trials as possible, how would you determine which of the five spheres has a different mass?

Draw me a picture and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

Interview

Had telephone interview and was invited for second interview in the span of two days to the phone interview. Still prepping for the second interview in Oklahoma coming up later this month.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   2 Answers

Field Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency that ran across my resume on Monster. I had two phone interviews and the next day I was invited to an Hiring event in Midland, Tx. Be sure to get plenty of rest because the first day will be a long one. After arriving at the airport in Midland, Tx a van picked us up by groups. We arrived at the hotel, went to our respected rooms, got a bite to eat and then we prepared for the group setting later on that night. At this event we learn tons of info about the company and the position. Be sure to ask as many questions as possible because this job is a huge responsibility and lifestyle change. We were granted the opportunity to introduce ourselves and later mingle with other SLB employees to get a better gauge of what we should expect. This event lasted until 10:30pm and then we were invited downstairs to talk with some of the managers at the bar. The next morning we went to breakfast, toured the facility and then they conducted panel style interviews. After the interview you will be taken back the the airport to go home. Everything was great and they made sure we were as comfortable as possible. If you make it to this point, you have a great chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to complete a task and it went horribly wrong.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted though university recruiting, flown out to large group interview on location and offered a position the next week. The whole process involved team exercises, 2:1 interviews, presentations, and behavioral observation.

Interview Questions

• What is the angular distance between the minute and hour hand of an analog clock at 3:15?   1 Answer