Schlumberger Mechanic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

3.1

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rosharon, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rosharon, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR then face to face interviews with 3 managers. After the interviews, one of the managers gave me tour of the facilities and office areas.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a load path?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with working in sometimes harsh outdoors wearing safety gear environment?   Answer Question

REMS/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Found Schlumberger at a career fair, had a great conversation, and went to their info session the next day (I think this is very important). Two weeks later, I was called in for an on-campus interview, which pretty much consisted of going through my resume. Two weeks after that, I was flown out to Houston for an interview there. The first day was just a site tour and an info session (pretty much the same one as before). The next day was a 7 minute presentation, followed by four 30-45 minute interviews. These were both technical and behavioral. Within two weeks, was offered a full time position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for internship before but did not get the offer. A hr reached out to me months later and invited me to an on-site interview. Candidates were given a campus tour the day before the interview. The interview includes first a 7 min presentation on any project you did, then 3 min Q&A. Followed by 4 individual interviews with project/hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Further questions about your past experience with some basic technical questions. Some may not be relevant to your areas of specialty...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (UC Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Not the average interview. Interviewer told me to direct the conversation around my interests. We essentially just had a conversation. No behavioral questions. She asked a technical question at the end that related to deflection of a material under stress. Very laid back, very friendly.

Interview Questions

• strength of materials question   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Interview went smoother than I thought. It was an organized process starting with a short presentation and then 4 interviews with a mix of technical and behavioral. They were trying to gauge more the body language and common sense than just pure technicality

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked about my design projects, then multiple basic level engineering problems. 30 minutes total. Felt relatively casual and straight forward. Asked which of my projects was my favorite, what kind of analysis I'd had to do on them, etc.

Technical Professional - Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

applied online first and got a call from the HR to setup a phone interview. Nothing technical or behavioral in the phone interview since it is just to know each other better and some questions were based off my resume. Then the second round interview was to talk to the team members I will potentially be working with. And then is the on-site interview for face-to-face and to see if we will get along with each other.

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Talked to the recruiting team during info session, then I was invited for an on-campus interview second day. Received on-site interview invitation one week after. The on-site interview was a 3 day process, consisting of 2 days filled with activities helped you get to know Schlumberger and final day for the interview. Questions are mostly resume based questions and they are very easy. Interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions

• What was you take aways from your previous internship. Which section(s) in SLB do you want to work and why. Describe tools used in the section you wanted to work for and tell me about challenges associated when designing those tools.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through University Career Center. I received a phone call from recruiter about a month later and was asked some screening questions. After phone interview, I received an invitation to interview on site . I interviewed with the Hiring Manager and HR person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous work experience, topics learnt at school and willingness to learn about Oil & Gas industry   Answer Question

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Dropped resume at the career fair, was called for interviewing a few days later. Interviews were held on campus, coordinated nicely. The HR person and the technical person very approachable. Overall, very pleasant treatment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, difficult situations faced and how did you overcome, leadership roles etc. All typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question