Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017
1,664 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview in which they asked me typical interview questions, as well as whether "I even really want this job". Their tactic seemed to be intimidation. I got the second interview and then flew me to OKC for a 2 day interview with 15 or so other candidates. The activities started in the evening, where we met and got to know one another. They then presented information on Schlumberger and the different types of field engineering. They kept us up until 3 AM and we had to be on the bus the next morning to visit a rig site. We had exit interviews in the evening of the second day, then they brought us to dinner and then we were free to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any reservations for working for Schlumberger?   Answer Question

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephonic, first with India team then Dubai team
    Face to face in Pune, Finally Technical, Management and HR round ... All on the same day!
    Very grilling!

They asked stuff like company details to check if i did my homework! They asked me lots of questions on ethics. They asked me questions related to oil field operations, which was not relevant. Also their studio test is quite difficult. They asked me to use Photoshop to design a UI screen, and then asked me to present it to the panel. Panel shot

Interview Questions

• What is turnover of the company?   2 Answers
    • Name any 4 products of the company   2 Answers
    • How do you compare two designs?   2 Answers
    • If your friend offers to reveal info of our competitor what will you tell?   2 Answers
    • Tell us why we should NOT hire you?   3 Answers

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was panel interview with mechanical engineering manager and engineering project manager and then later HR manager interview. It took like 3 hrs. they have well defined difficult questions blown through one after another and was checking how I can help in their problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure success in managing new engineering technology projects?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2013.

Interview

1 st technical interview (knowlegde test), next the assesment day, we there is a personnel presentation and group test. the test was on two phases. the first parte on a test center and the second phase on thier offices.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ankara (Turkey)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 day process. Including me, ten new graduates were invited to the interview. A lady who is the recruiter, presented a presentation about the company, the benefits of being part of schlumberger, health and safety issues etc. In the second day we presented a fifteen minutes presentation about ourselves. At the end of the presentation we were asked several questions depending on our presentations. In the last day there was a group job at which we tried to build a bridge with a limited material. It is supposed to be around 1.2 meter high and 40 cm long. I dont remember the exact numbers and it is made from paper. Later on there was a 1 to 1 interview at which we were given a pressure gauge that was dismantled and we were supposed to put the parts together in a given time.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rangoon (Burma)) in May 2012.

Interview

A lot of steps to pass through to get a job. The interview process took 3 days. When i did the interview, there were more than hundred but just few people get the job.

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The engineer was interviewing me. He was a bit rude to me during the interview. He gave me this feeling “You are not qualified for this position.” I mean I am not even a employee of Schlumberger and he is just an interviewer. I think he should have been rude like that. The interview was just him asking me about my resume. I was very discouraged during the interview. They did not send me any rejection email afterwards.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)) in October 2012.

Interview

first is one by one interview, we have to take our turn with another hundreds participants, usually there are lots of interviewer.
    the first one is a simple question asking for our way of thinking about something in general, the objective is to know the way we act or think, and the level of our english speaking as it is mandatory for the training program.
    second test is IQ test, about math and physics, some people need to study, some people dont.
    third test if forum group discussion
    fourth test is interview with HR
    fifth test is interview with senior employee

Interview Questions

• thesis, similar working experience during college, our personalities and competencies   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK).

Interview

Started with an online application through my university's career services site, which was rejected. I showed up at the information session with a resume and told the recruiter they had made a mistake by rejecting me. The recruiter laughed, took my resume, and gave me an interview slot. Second interview was a few days after the first, then a field visit to a rig site was the final step. Those who managed to stay up all night & complete the various tasks were the ones hired. SLB rejects around 90% of those who apply.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New Orleans, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief presentation at University, followed by a phone call, followed by an interview with recruiter and current field engineer. After this I was flown to New Orleans, LA for a full weekend. Friday night we watched/gave presentations, did team building exercises and technical challenges until 1am. Woke up 5am Saturday morning to do site visits, meet current engineers, ask questions about lifestyle, work etc. Drove back to New Orleans, had dinner, went through final presentations/screening process and then completed our final interviews which were panel style (3-1), mine lasted 30 mins approx. Others were anywhere from 10-45, I finished at 2:30AM that morning. It was incredibly challenging, but also a fulfilling experience. I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How hard/how many hours a week are you willing to work?   1 Answer