Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,030 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic 1st round behavioral interview where the interviewer asked a few common interview questions and questions about my resume. There were about 5 questions asked. Interview ended after interviewer answered some of my questions.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. First I was interviewed on campus after the info session and a few days later I was called for a second round of interviews in Houston TX with 2 weeks to prepare. The first day of the second round was for tours, meet and greet, presentation on the company, and a team building exercise. The second day was for presentations by the students on projects we have worked on and then four one on one interviews, mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• If you had a quality, safety and deadline issue, how would you go about it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my university's career fair. Thirty min behavioral interview only. Was not interviewed by same recruiter from career fair. Interviewer pretty much talked down to me for thirty minutes for being a freshmen.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I already had an internship with Schlumberger so some of the questions were related to my internship experience. The difficulty level if the interview wasn't too much.As long as you prepare yourself before the interview, you are good!!.

Interview Questions

• If there is some thing that your project team mates will ask you to improve about yourself, what would that be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Got an interview through school's career fair. The interviewer asked me what I was interested in and did most of the talking actually. He said I needed to be more confident and show my skills better.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for internship before but did not get the offer. A hr reached out to me months later and invited me to an on-site interview. Candidates were given a campus tour the day before the interview. The interview includes first a 7 min presentation on any project you did, then 3 min Q&A. Followed by 4 individual interviews with project/hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Further questions about your past experience with some basic technical questions. Some may not be relevant to your areas of specialty...   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an hour onsite interview two months ago and has not heard anything from a recruiter since then. Sent a recruiter an email two months ago and still no reply. A recruiter should learn how to work her job properly.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was stressful, and involved a few brain teasers and basic conceptual questions. I have listed them in the interview questions section. It took about a week to get a response from my recruiter. I highly recommend going to a information session at your university before the interview, and introducing yourself to your recruiter this had a huge positive in my column.

The second round interview took place in Oklahoma City for me, there where 15 other students from across the US, we flew into OKC the first afternoon where we started by doing some team-building exercises, presented a slide set with our groups that we had to prepare before attending the interview, and then listened to a presentation by some employees. This process took until around 3 am. We started the next morning at 7 am, and went to a job site to see a full scale of what one of the subsections looked like. We came back to the hotel for exit interviews, upon everyone completing their interviews we went to dinner and where released from the interview around 9. People who drove where free to go home, most of us went to a bar in town and hung out. The next morning you take your flight back to your original location, some flights where as early as 5 am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me two ways to get the volume of this mint tin?   1 Answer
    • If you have an anchor in a boat then throw it in the water what happens to the water level?   1 Answer
    • Three lightbulbs are outside this room, these three switched control them. How do you find out which switch goes to which switch with only stepping out of the room once?   1 Answer
    • *puts four quarters on the table (in a square pattern)* can you arrange them in a line with only four moves, after each move the quarter must be touching to other quarters.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, dependent on fit to company and interest. We talked for about a hour on what the company does, as well as my potential role as an intern. The conversation was heavily steered based on your interest and what you want to do. More than anything, the interview seems to guage your interest and fit, as oppose to technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing, what are you interested in.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, then they flew you to Sugar Land, TX.
    You present in front of PMs, recruiters and other candidates! then there is a team building activity.
    The next day they take you to the rig,then the final interview.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company