Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to Schlumberger through a school recruiting event. ( Cleveland State University ). After 4 moths I received an email asking me to sign the papers from the guy who met me in the recruiting event. I signed up the peppers electronically. Then I received a doodle email to schedule my phone interview after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just take it easy, they don't bite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Mostly behavioral questions and reviewing over previous experience. The recruiter seemed hard to read and didn't give much response to my answers. I said I didn't get an offer but it is really too soon to tell if I'll get one or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met recruiters on campus during career showcase and was then offered an interview on campus a few weeks later. Interview was comfortable and a combination of behavioral questions and just conversation. Good interview overall. After this first interview, I was offered a second interview on site at one of the drilling locations. I did not accept the invitation for my visit.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked with a team with members who disagreed, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (University Park, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied and received an on-campus interview for the Field Engineer position. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long. It turned into 45 minutes with two different interviewers (one was asked to leave the interview she was conducting early just to talk to me). The male interviewer informed me he would get a bonus if he hired me (I am female) and was very pushy about asking if I had any reservations about the position. I was asked no questions during the interview. It was extremely unprofessional. I was offered an on-site interview despite clearly stating I was not interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is two staged. The first is with someone on the HR team. I did not get into the second round but for that, one would have to go to the HQ sites and be interviewed by a larger recruitment team. jg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called 2 days later for an interview. Had 2 phone interviews with 2 different recruiters which went well. Flew down to tour facilities and it was miserable.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very simple application process. I simply applied online and was invited to a day long assessment centre. The assessment enter took the format of logic based tests, a short personal presentation followed by 1:1 interviews. The interview comprised of an informal chat following some standard questions and included having to put together a pressure regulator valve from a component drawing.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

Was through a 3rd party contracting company. There were many forms to fill out via email and printing and signing, and scanning and resending. Could have been made simpler with more forms that can be filled out electronically.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to go back in the field?   1 Answer

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK).

Interview

Started with an online application through my university's career services site, which was rejected. I showed up at the information session with a resume and told the recruiter they had made a mistake by rejecting me. The recruiter laughed, took my resume, and gave me an interview slot. Second interview was a few days after the first, then a field visit to a rig site was the final step. Those who managed to stay up all night & complete the various tasks were the ones hired. SLB rejects around 90% of those who apply.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Quick on campus screening to see if you are a fit. As long as you have a decent gpa in engineering then you meet the technical aptitude, and now they are just looking at your personality. Are you someone that people would want to hang out with when 100 miles offshore, in a high stress environment, with no sleep in the last 32 hours?