Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
1,673 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First round interview took place on campus and consisted of a 30 minute interview of all behavioral questions. After this I was invited to a second interview in Midland that lasted 3 days. The first night was team building excercisrs and a formal presentation. The second day was a field visit and exit interview, then flew home on the third day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a conflict in a group project.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview, then was selected for the next round. Flew to Houston, TX. Interview started with breakfast and a presentation about the company. Next, we all did a case and presented it to management. We had lunch with the management team, then we had 2 30-minute panel interviews and a tour of the facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager visited a college campus where interview slots were given every thirty minutes. The hiring manager took applicants one by one into a personal interview with only him. He talked about the company and the expectations and then went over my resume and asked a mix of personality questions and trick questions.

Interview Questions

• If there were three light bulbs in another room with three switches in the room you are in, with opening the door once and using the switches only when the door was closed, how could you determine which switches corresponded to which light bulb?   1 Answer

REMS/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Found Schlumberger at a career fair, had a great conversation, and went to their info session the next day (I think this is very important). Two weeks later, I was called in for an on-campus interview, which pretty much consisted of going through my resume. Two weeks after that, I was flown out to Houston for an interview there. The first day was just a site tour and an info session (pretty much the same one as before). The next day was a 7 minute presentation, followed by four 30-45 minute interviews. These were both technical and behavioral. Within two weeks, was offered a full time position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

2 day interview. They fly you out as early as possible and keep you awake to see how you are with minimum sleep. You get to go out to the sight.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pocatello, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a temp agency, Elwood staffing. I interviewed with a Electronics Technician supervisor and he asked about my maintenance experience and then said I was hired because I would get along with everyone. He told me right out that they dont hire on technical knowledge, just the ability to get along with everyone.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a technician?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Asked some character questions to see what kind of personality a person has, and asked some problem solving questions to see how you react to problems. The interview was done over a skype call. I spoke with some recruiters before talking to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

30 minute interview where I met with a former field engineer that talked about how it would be a rough 3 years before I could do anything else within the company, but how it was very educational and beneficial.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied online and the interviewed on the phone once. Pretty easy and conversation based interview, took a couple weeks to get an offer/feedback. Once accepted you had to complete the hair and urine drug test. I had a great experience overall.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a university career fair. The interview was one on one and lasted thirty minutes. Mainly logical and technical questions, little behavioral questions. Felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• If you are sitting on a boat with an anchor, and you throw the anchor overboard, does the water level rise or fall?   Answer Question