Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

They started at 6 pm and ended at 4:30 am. We (randomly assigned group) did presentations about one segment. They also do ice breaker activity ( choose 4 color from the list and each color has an activity behind it such as sing as song, dance, act a person, or act an animal. all for like 10 seconds ). they talk about the company, and one game, and a team building activity (interesting ) .

Interview Questions

• Exit interview is for 10 minutes and no formal interview questions. They just ask you which segment you want to work with and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to Schlumberger through a school recruiting event. ( Cleveland State University ). After 4 moths I received an email asking me to sign the papers from the guy who met me in the recruiting event. I signed up the peppers electronically. Then I received a doodle email to schedule my phone interview after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just take it easy, they don't bite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Mostly behavioral questions and reviewing over previous experience. The recruiter seemed hard to read and didn't give much response to my answers. I said I didn't get an offer but it is really too soon to tell if I'll get one or not.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on school career fair and got in touched in a week, I attend the info session and an on-campus interview. In the interview, it is really nice of the interviewee, he asked me a few background questions to fill the required form and told me to relax and it is only a informal talk. It is really nice to talk to him.

Interview Questions

• 1. describle one of your most interesting project   Answer Question
    • 2. design an online lottery system, how to store the lottery number and get the winners info quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

well conducted by the recruiter and engineer. in a timely manner.
    Both of them were very nice. The engineer primarily went over my resume and also talked about the products they have and her contribution to the development of these products

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume in detail. Only technical question was what is Big O   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met recruiters on campus during career showcase and was then offered an interview on campus a few weeks later. Interview was comfortable and a combination of behavioral questions and just conversation. Good interview overall. After this first interview, I was offered a second interview on site at one of the drilling locations. I did not accept the invitation for my visit.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you worked with a team with members who disagreed, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (University Park, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied and received an on-campus interview for the Field Engineer position. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long. It turned into 45 minutes with two different interviewers (one was asked to leave the interview she was conducting early just to talk to me). The male interviewer informed me he would get a bonus if he hired me (I am female) and was very pushy about asking if I had any reservations about the position. I was asked no questions during the interview. It was extremely unprofessional. I was offered an on-site interview despite clearly stating I was not interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is two staged. The first is with someone on the HR team. I did not get into the second round but for that, one would have to go to the HQ sites and be interviewed by a larger recruitment team. jg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called 2 days later for an interview. Had 2 phone interviews with 2 different recruiters which went well. Flew down to tour facilities and it was miserable.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very simple application process. I simply applied online and was invited to a day long assessment centre. The assessment enter took the format of logic based tests, a short personal presentation followed by 1:1 interviews. The interview comprised of an informal chat following some standard questions and included having to put together a pressure regulator valve from a component drawing.