Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,623 Interview Reviews

2.9

Dispatcher (II Or More Years Experience) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume submission through Rigzone. 30 minute phone interview. 2nd interview in person at corporate office. The second interview was a panel interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter. The hiring manager was cordial. The recruiter was unprofessional, condescending and combative (I got a bad recruiter on this one. If you get a different recruiter your experience will be different from mine). The hiring manager and recruiter were discussing other internal candidates and hiring needs during my interview. The recruiter spoke to the hiring manager about me in third person and said that my skill level was that of a receptionist. I was made an offer, but the offer was $6.00 - $9.00 an hour less than was discussed in our initial phone interview. Needless to say I declined.
    Schlumberger is on my top 20 list of large companies to work for in Houston. I still believe Schlumberger is a good company. Unfortunately, my experience in this interview is a reflection of two people operating on their own outside of Schlumberger standards. Candidates should still apply to Schlumberger.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an hour onsite interview two months ago and has not heard anything from a recruiter since then. Sent a recruiter an email two months ago and still no reply. A recruiter should learn how to work her job properly.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lubbock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview was stressful, and involved a few brain teasers and basic conceptual questions. I have listed them in the interview questions section. It took about a week to get a response from my recruiter. I highly recommend going to a information session at your university before the interview, and introducing yourself to your recruiter this had a huge positive in my column.

The second round interview took place in Oklahoma City for me, there where 15 other students from across the US, we flew into OKC the first afternoon where we started by doing some team-building exercises, presented a slide set with our groups that we had to prepare before attending the interview, and then listened to a presentation by some employees. This process took until around 3 am. We started the next morning at 7 am, and went to a job site to see a full scale of what one of the subsections looked like. We came back to the hotel for exit interviews, upon everyone completing their interviews we went to dinner and where released from the interview around 9. People who drove where free to go home, most of us went to a bar in town and hung out. The next morning you take your flight back to your original location, some flights where as early as 5 am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me two ways to get the volume of this mint tin?   1 Answer
    • If you have an anchor in a boat then throw it in the water what happens to the water level?   1 Answer
    • Three lightbulbs are outside this room, these three switched control them. How do you find out which switch goes to which switch with only stepping out of the room once?   1 Answer
    • *puts four quarters on the table (in a square pattern)* can you arrange them in a line with only four moves, after each move the quarter must be touching to other quarters.   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Process is complicated. All handled through HR which means local management cannot hold interviews at the shop. Harder to hire locally. Most people are hired from out of state these days and are made false promises. Plus most eventually will quit to move back home.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, dependent on fit to company and interest. We talked for about a hour on what the company does, as well as my potential role as an intern. The conversation was heavily steered based on your interest and what you want to do. More than anything, the interview seems to guage your interest and fit, as oppose to technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing, what are you interested in.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, then they flew you to Sugar Land, TX.
    You present in front of PMs, recruiters and other candidates! then there is a team building activity.
    The next day they take you to the rig,then the final interview.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

7 minutes presentation followed by 4 rounds of 1-1 technical interviews. They separated male and female students. They are 30 females in total. All of them were engineers. It's said that 10 to 15 percents of applicants would be hired.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Two days process. First day flew to Houston, visit rig in their campus, dinner together and team activities (just for fun, no observation from HR). Second day, gave a 7 min presentation. and then 4 1:1 interview. Looks like to me the interviewers are very random, they gave you the names of interviews first day but change them second day morning cause someone are not available and they temporarily ask stb to stand in

Planer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter, he submitted my resume. Was invited in for a interview a few days later, interview went well, got a verbal offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change? Name a time your morals and integrity were tested, what decision did you make? What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with a team member in Accounting department. Tell me about yourself, tell me about the company, asked questions about previous work experience, asked basic journal entry questions, how would I fit in with the company