Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK).

Interview

Started with an online application through my university's career services site, which was rejected. I showed up at the information session with a resume and told the recruiter they had made a mistake by rejecting me. The recruiter laughed, took my resume, and gave me an interview slot. Second interview was a few days after the first, then a field visit to a rig site was the final step. Those who managed to stay up all night & complete the various tasks were the ones hired. SLB rejects around 90% of those who apply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Quick on campus screening to see if you are a fit. As long as you have a decent gpa in engineering then you meet the technical aptitude, and now they are just looking at your personality. Are you someone that people would want to hang out with when 100 miles offshore, in a high stress environment, with no sleep in the last 32 hours?

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gainesville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews for this position. It was all behavioral and they were looking to see if you are a good fit for the company or not. When you interview for the Field Engineer Internship or full-time, they call you in on-site for the second round of interviews and give you a project to do beforehand with other students/ other people who applied for the positions around the world.

Interview Questions

• My recruiter did not know what an Industrial Engineer did so it was unexpected to explain as a junior who hasn't taken many upper level courses what my major entailed and to convince them I can add value to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Completed Internship and prepared a presentation of the internship project to management in office. Management and peer review, travel to field locations, worked with actual field engineers at rig sites and helped with their daily job duties.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviews. The first on campus at my Universities recruiting event. The second in Midland, TX. The second interview was a 3 day process involving numerous group activities/tasks i.e. Group research and presentations on material assigned, group building of a catapult, pick a random color and had to either complete the task assigned (dance, sing, tell a joke, tell your most embarrassing moment) to the group.

Interview Questions

• In an 8'x8'x8' room, how would you go about determining how many 6 inch diameter spheres you could fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

1st was a phone interview asking simple background questions and then an in-person, group interview was conducted in Oklahoma City. The in-person interview included group activities, team building exercises and 1-1 interviews. The in-person interview lasted 2 days. The first day didn't start until late in the afternoon and didn't finish until around midnight. The second day started at about 6:00 AM so it was apparent they were testing the candidates ability to function well when fatigued.

Interview Questions

• As a field engineer you will be managing personnel with as much as 25 years of experience. How will you handle a situation where they are performing the work incorrectly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Conway, AR) in November 2010.

Interview

1 on-campus interview, then second round interview onsite 5 days long with group of 24 others all recent grads. there are no tests, just building activities

Interview Questions

• if you have 2 candles with wicks on both ends and 1 takes 1 hour to melt completely, how do you tell, without measuring, when 45 minutes has passed   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Roorkee (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was a chill interview. They asked general questions related to my personality, based on my resume. Since, they did not have much time so it was a quick interview. Initial shortlisting was based on resume but it was more random. They pay much attention to your personality, your positions of responsibility. Interview went on smoothly. The students who were finally selected were asked some of the basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      How will you manage to stay away from home taking into account your internships
      Tell us about your positions of responsibility
      Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pilani (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. First round was resume short listing and then continued by group discussion and group task. In group discussion you may expect some abstract topics like red and blue, Roti, currency, dot (.) etc., In group task they mainly focus on your role in getting conclusion for your problem. Don't try to be dominating, Make your presence visible in every aspect of discussion.

Interview Questions

• Interview is totally HR - One can expect questions like- Why did you choose oil sector as your career, About your family, They may ask you to elaborate on any of your project in your resume, What is your role in certain position of responsibility whatever you mentioned in your resume. Basically they look for stubborn people who can withstand extreme conditions in the work place both mentally & Physically.   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Is a long process, first I applied online and by the university jobs portal. Then I have scheduled a numerical test (done with several dozens of colleagues of the university), is a test of 40 questions of basic sciences and math operations without calculator (and several decimals)... after passing that filter, the best results of the test got a personal interview in english.
    A month after that, I got called for the "round 2" in Bogotá, when I got 2 days in the city with full expenses by the company. Is a hard course when our personal relationships and team work is thoroughly evaluated. We made a tour for the company, got many types of exams... but we also had fun. Is a great experience.
    My best advice is Be yourself.
    The thing is that they make recruitment process without vacancys to fill, the candidates will eventually get located in function of their abilities showed on the round 2. It has been two months since the round 2, and I haven't got any call, but I'm still awaiting. I got an email telling me I've pass for the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• ¿Are you aware of the SLB lifestyle and the things you are giving up by accepting this job?   Answer Question