Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK).

Interview

Started with an online application through my university's career services site, which was rejected. I showed up at the information session with a resume and told the recruiter they had made a mistake by rejecting me. The recruiter laughed, took my resume, and gave me an interview slot. Second interview was a few days after the first, then a field visit to a rig site was the final step. Those who managed to stay up all night & complete the various tasks were the ones hired. SLB rejects around 90% of those who apply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a number of stages and all the interviewers were very friendly which makes the process less daunting. It consists of a basic phone interview, a group activity, a 1:1 interview and a final 7 day field exposure where you would have to give a presentation at the very end. Personally the only tough part of the interview for me was the final presentation (varies; depending upon the interviewing managers). All the interviews took place at different days/time. So it is not as tiring as Shell's Recruitment Day (SRD).

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)) in June 2011.

Interview

1 Initial Apprach at University affair
    2 Online application
    3 First Interview
    4 Recruiting affair full weekend at field location:
    Practical Test
    Theoretical tests: logic, math, physics
    Presentations
    Written test about service tool presented by engineer
    5 Second Interview
    6 Third interview

Interview Questions

• Why i was choosing Schlumberger instead of Operator?   1 Answer

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Is a long process, first I applied online and by the university jobs portal. Then I have scheduled a numerical test (done with several dozens of colleagues of the university), is a test of 40 questions of basic sciences and math operations without calculator (and several decimals)... after passing that filter, the best results of the test got a personal interview in english.
    A month after that, I got called for the "round 2" in Bogotá, when I got 2 days in the city with full expenses by the company. Is a hard course when our personal relationships and team work is thoroughly evaluated. We made a tour for the company, got many types of exams... but we also had fun. Is a great experience.
    My best advice is Be yourself.
    The thing is that they make recruitment process without vacancys to fill, the candidates will eventually get located in function of their abilities showed on the round 2. It has been two months since the round 2, and I haven't got any call, but I'm still awaiting. I got an email telling me I've pass for the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• ¿Are you aware of the SLB lifestyle and the things you are giving up by accepting this job?   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2009.

Interview

Got called for an interview
    was put under pressure during the interview in order to see how i react in situations I am not familiar with.
    then was asked to perform an IQ test while everyone around me was having a conversation.
    Waited 2 months to hear back the feedback of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have explosives down hole and the break of the wireline holding the explosive fails?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to play as a guard in basket ball?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 weaknesses in you   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation is possible

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Two weeks later, received a phone call for an HR interview scheduled for two days later.

HR interview went well, ~45 minutes long, typical behavioural interview. Received a phone call the morning after for a manager interview, scheduled it for that afternoon.

Manager interview lasted 5 minutes. Couldn't tell if it went extremely well or extremely bad, but I was expecting the interview process to end here.

Received a phone call with offer the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working hands-on with equipment?   1 Answer

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Paris (France)) in January 2014.

Interview

Meet in regional HQ in Paris with a few other candidates.
    A mix of group exercise, building up the tallest structure with paper sheets...
    1:1 interviews where you get the chance to be challenged and pushed to the limit; stay calm and keep articulating your case as this is to test your behavior under pressure.
    2 parts: presentation of Schlumberger and presentation of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Present yourself on a couple of slides prepared prior to the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase for entry position level.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Completed Internship and prepared a presentation of the internship project to management in office. Management and peer review, travel to field locations, worked with actual field engineers at rig sites and helped with their daily job duties.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Roorkee (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was a chill interview. They asked general questions related to my personality, based on my resume. Since, they did not have much time so it was a quick interview. Initial shortlisting was based on resume but it was more random. They pay much attention to your personality, your positions of responsibility. Interview went on smoothly. The students who were finally selected were asked some of the basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      How will you manage to stay away from home taking into account your internships
      Tell us about your positions of responsibility   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

1st was a phone interview asking simple background questions and then an in-person, group interview was conducted in Oklahoma City. The in-person interview included group activities, team building exercises and 1-1 interviews. The in-person interview lasted 2 days. The first day didn't start until late in the afternoon and didn't finish until around midnight. The second day started at about 6:00 AM so it was apparent they were testing the candidates ability to function well when fatigued.

Interview Questions

• As a field engineer you will be managing personnel with as much as 25 years of experience. How will you handle a situation where they are performing the work incorrectly?   Answer Question