Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.2

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Paris (France)) in January 2014.

Interview

Meet in regional HQ in Paris with a few other candidates.
A mix of group exercise, building up the tallest structure with paper sheets...
1:1 interviews where you get the chance to be challenged and pushed to the limit; stay calm and keep articulating your case as this is to test your behavior under pressure.
2 parts: presentation of Schlumberger and presentation of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Present yourself on a couple of slides prepared prior to the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase for entry position level.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Completed Internship and prepared a presentation of the internship project to management in office. Management and peer review, travel to field locations, worked with actual field engineers at rig sites and helped with their daily job duties.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Roorkee (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was a chill interview. They asked general questions related to my personality, based on my resume. Since, they did not have much time so it was a quick interview. Initial shortlisting was based on resume but it was more random. They pay much attention to your personality, your positions of responsibility. Interview went on smoothly. The students who were finally selected were asked some of the basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      How will you manage to stay away from home taking into account your internships
      Tell us about your positions of responsibility
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK).

Interview

Started with an online application through my university's career services site, which was rejected. I showed up at the information session with a resume and told the recruiter they had made a mistake by rejecting me. The recruiter laughed, took my resume, and gave me an interview slot. Second interview was a few days after the first, then a field visit to a rig site was the final step. Those who managed to stay up all night & complete the various tasks were the ones hired. SLB rejects around 90% of those who apply.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Quick on campus screening to see if you are a fit. As long as you have a decent gpa in engineering then you meet the technical aptitude, and now they are just looking at your personality. Are you someone that people would want to hang out with when 100 miles offshore, in a high stress environment, with no sleep in the last 32 hours?

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

1st was a phone interview asking simple background questions and then an in-person, group interview was conducted in Oklahoma City. The in-person interview included group activities, team building exercises and 1-1 interviews. The in-person interview lasted 2 days. The first day didn't start until late in the afternoon and didn't finish until around midnight. The second day started at about 6:00 AM so it was apparent they were testing the candidates ability to function well when fatigued.

Interview Questions

• As a field engineer you will be managing personnel with as much as 25 years of experience. How will you handle a situation where they are performing the work incorrectly?   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a number of stages and all the interviewers were very friendly which makes the process less daunting. It consists of a basic phone interview, a group activity, a 1:1 interview and a final 7 day field exposure where you would have to give a presentation at the very end. Personally the only tough part of the interview for me was the final presentation (varies; depending upon the interviewing managers). All the interviews took place at different days/time. So it is not as tiring as Shell's Recruitment Day (SRD).

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)) in June 2011.

Interview

1 Initial Apprach at University affair
    2 Online application
    3 First Interview
    4 Recruiting affair full weekend at field location:
    Practical Test
    Theoretical tests: logic, math, physics
    Presentations
    Written test about service tool presented by engineer
    5 Second Interview
    6 Third interview

Interview Questions

• Why i was choosing Schlumberger instead of Operator?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviews. The first on campus at my Universities recruiting event. The second in Midland, TX. The second interview was a 3 day process involving numerous group activities/tasks i.e. Group research and presentations on material assigned, group building of a catapult, pick a random color and had to either complete the task assigned (dance, sing, tell a joke, tell your most embarrassing moment) to the group.

Interview Questions

• In an 8'x8'x8' room, how would you go about determining how many 6 inch diameter spheres you could fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gainesville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews for this position. It was all behavioral and they were looking to see if you are a good fit for the company or not. When you interview for the Field Engineer Internship or full-time, they call you in on-site for the second round of interviews and give you a project to do beforehand with other students/ other people who applied for the positions around the world.

Interview Questions

• My recruiter did not know what an Industrial Engineer did so it was unexpected to explain as a junior who hasn't taken many upper level courses what my major entailed and to convince them I can add value to the company.   Answer Question