Schlumberger Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with the college recruiter with some general information sharing about the companies newest technology, followed by some general interview questions and some brain teasers. The recruiter was very friendly and offered several positions available for me to apply for, although none of them fit what I am studying. I thought I might as well give it a chance, but as expected I messed up the technical interview through Lync completely as my area of knowledge is rather irrelevant. After that, the college recruiter still is willing to offer me another interview for other positions and tried to motivate me which I am super grateful for, but I have already accepted another job offer. Was the nicest recruiter I have ever met.

Directional Driller Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went to London and had a quick interview . It Was brief as I had experience and it was along time ago. They needed experienced people quickly and decided there and then.

Interview Questions

• None really just a few basic questions on experience and knowledge. Asked where I would work and how flexible I was and my work ethic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but a simple offer to accept or reject.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Personal presentation, paper based IQ test (quite hard) then a group activity where we had to construct a paper structure, and a practical test where we had to assemble a valve from the diagram.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First is online application which is relatively quick to finish. It does not involve any essay or covering letters, so just submit your cv and fill some information then there you are.
    Afterwards, I was invited to the assessment center that held in the Gatwick office. This test included presentation skill test (you will be asked prepare a presentation about your background, personal experience, as well as description about yourself). Then, you will have two tests (quantitative skill test and basic electrical engineering test). At the end of this section, you will be interviewed by the HR person. It mainly revolved around your leadership and technical project experience, and question what do you know about the company. Also, he asked me why I choose the position in R&D, would I mind to work in the field (I said that I do mind because I apply only for R&D job).
    The final stage is interview session in the R&D center. This would be my workplace if I got accepted. My advice is, prepare yourself about the technical skills and knowledge as much as you can. You will be challenged of some technical questions, about both of your projects and selected topic from interviewer. In the case when you think you cannot answer it, just don't show your nervousness. Try to approach the question gently to avoid yourself from further difficult questions.
    I was cut on the last stage. However, it was a very good experiences. I got the response a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique?
      Why Schlumberger?
      Revise your past projects thoroughly before coming to the technical interview   Answer Question

Graduate Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I Applied online and I was invited for an assessment day after a few months, where I did a presentation about myself and a recent technical project. I also did 2 diagrammatic tests and an interview.

Seismic Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick phone call asking what I knew about the company and when I could start - I think someone had dropped out of the internship last minute and they quickly needed people. Also some questions about past internships and my knowledge of seismic processing.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

2 days interview process, very structured, they are looking for people who are tough and take a challenge head on. There are tests, presentations, drinking, its a weird experience. Everyone is an engineering graduate, and you kind of bond a bit over the hard and weird testing. I think 2 people out of the 30 or so were offered a job at the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to assemble a air regulator with a really bad set of instructions. They timed me as well   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Online CV drop followed by Assessment Centre.
    Assessment centre consisted of 5 min personal presentation followed by questions, team task, maths/physics test and logic test, practical test and interview.

Personal presentation topics are prescribed. I haven't had the inevitable rejection yet but from candidate to candidate, don't bore everyone with wordy powerpoints. They will bring up your weakness, lets hope there's an upside to it.
    Team task is achieving certain physical objectives using office materials & stationery. Time is short, come up with a plan and stick to it. They are probably judging teamwork, communication and common sense.
    Practical test was hard, involves assembling a component - look at any diagrams very carefully.
    In my interview it felt they were trying to figure out which division I might fit into. Read up on the three divisions, I was caught off guard when they started describing a job different to the one I had researched.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three Interviews. Two Written Tests. One Practical Test. Interview based on Merit. Aim is to see if you fit SLB Profile. Also Recruiter does nopt want candidates who will fail First Training School. They are rated based on success/failure of their Recruits. Answer truthfully. Be pro-active. Recruiter is really not intererested in if your answers are correct or not. He/She is interested in your thought process and also your ability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• You are given few random pages of Manual of a Wireline Loggong tool. You are then asked random questions about this very unfamiliar tool. Again, your thought process is most critical here. Your approach to getting answers is the key.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation. It was take it or leave it.