Schlumberger Maintenance Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Maintenance Tech Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2012.

Interview

The company seemed great. I first recived the offer through a third party and once I passed their phone interview, my resume was forworded to Schlumberger. I had another phone interview and then was set up with aflight to Tulsa OK. The interveiw process consisted of power point, group team building exersises, a tour and a one on one interview. At the end of the first night we were invited down to the bar to have some drinks and mingle with the recruiters.

With in a few hours of leaving the hotel (which was nice) I recived a rejection email. I believe that this was because I did not stay down in the bar and drink until I was drunk.I did have a drink and talked for about an hour. I feel that the whole bar part is a very bad recruiting tactic and it hurts the reputation of this company. I am quite qualified between military training and technical colleges that I have attended.

Over all I will say that Schlumberger is a good company I just do not agree with their tactics or hiring process. The company has great benifits and pay. Grant it you have to work extreamly long hours and pretty much never see your family. Once I returned home I recived a job offer for a managment position that pays just as well with great benifits. I suggest that you do alot of reaserch on the company before going to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If given a cup and a plastic bottle, what can they be used for. (can drink out of or hold liquid.)   Answer Question