Schlumberger Maintenance Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Maintenance Technician Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Process is complicated. All handled through HR which means local management cannot hold interviews at the shop. Harder to hire locally. Most people are hired from out of state these days and are made false promises. Plus most eventually will quit to move back home.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was flown to Sugarland, TX. It was a 2 day process, basically a 48 hour interview because they are watching you the entire time. Interviewed with 2 people that where really nice for about 45 minutes.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

Interview

Had applied online and then received an email about two weeks later requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview was the basic behavior questions followed by 5 technical questions. The 5 technical questions was basic electronic questions. I was then asked to come for a three day interview process in a few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

I first submitted my resume to them over the internet. About a month or so later I got a call from a recruiter asking when a good time for a phone interview would be. At the assigned time, he called and we talked for close to an hour. It mostly consisted of asking some backround and logic questions. They also ask one "Logical Thinking" question which was "Why is a manhole cover round?" The point of this question is to see your thought process.

At the end of the phone interview they either put you up for a second interview or not. For the second interview, which includes an assignment, they fly you down for free to Texas and put you in a Comfort Suites Hotel in Sugar Land about 15 minutes or so from the Schlumberger Facility. The first day you fly down and finally arrive in Houston Intl Airport, there is a ride waiting for you, if not, they give you a number to call. After getting in your ride, which isn't just a taxi, its a nice limo, they drive you to the hotel in Sugar Land which is close to an hour away.

After you arrive, you check in and do whatever you want for the rest of the night. The next morning you meet downstairs for breakfast and then start your presentation at 8AM. You go through the presentation which is about the beginnings and what they do. It's here where you turn in your homework assignment. At around 1PM after lunch they bus you out to the main facility where you get to tour the place and see the testing facility which has an operational drilling rig on it.

That night they bus you to Dave and Busters for a night of fun and drinking which is really supposed to be used to talk to the managers they have there, which all belong to the specific job your trying to get.

The third day is when the interview is. They assign you a time for the interview and the same managers you were drinking with the night before are the same ones that interview you, which makes for a really relaxed and un-puckered enviroment. They ask you some general questions like where you will be in 5 years, whats your motovation, what skills do you bring with you, etc.

They tell you at the presentation before your interview that you will know within 10-14 at the latest in wheter you got the job or not in an email, but I was actually called the next morning from the lead recruiter that I was identified as an "Ideal Canidate" and would be recieving my offer in 2 to 4 days,

The biggest thing they really want is to see you as you are, not the fakeness that usually ensues when someone is at an interview, thats the whole idea behind Dave and Busters.

Interview Questions

• Whats your motivation for working on trucks, whats your passion?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I Forwarded my Resume and cover letter,after few days, i got a reply for a phone interview. The interview was went pretty good, although, i was not prepared for it completely. Questions like, to describe a situation where team work was displayed, situation in which you were the team leader, offcourse, the first question would be to describe about yourself.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2013.

Interview

IQ test, grammar,bit of calculation simple maths and physics

Negotiation

offered to 2nd stage

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was poorly structured and the day was ended abruptly with very poor communication between recruiters and interviewees.