Schlumberger Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

3.1

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rosharon, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rosharon, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR then face to face interviews with 3 managers. After the interviews, one of the managers gave me tour of the facilities and office areas.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a load path?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable with working in sometimes harsh outdoors wearing safety gear environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for internship before but did not get the offer. A hr reached out to me months later and invited me to an on-site interview. Candidates were given a campus tour the day before the interview. The interview includes first a 7 min presentation on any project you did, then 3 min Q&A. Followed by 4 individual interviews with project/hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Further questions about your past experience with some basic technical questions. Some may not be relevant to your areas of specialty...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (UC Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Not the average interview. Interviewer told me to direct the conversation around my interests. We essentially just had a conversation. No behavioral questions. She asked a technical question at the end that related to deflection of a material under stress. Very laid back, very friendly.

Interview Questions

• strength of materials question   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Interview went smoother than I thought. It was an organized process starting with a short presentation and then 4 interviews with a mix of technical and behavioral. They were trying to gauge more the body language and common sense than just pure technicality

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked about my design projects, then multiple basic level engineering problems. 30 minutes total. Felt relatively casual and straight forward. Asked which of my projects was my favorite, what kind of analysis I'd had to do on them, etc.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

First round interview on campus.

Second round interview in Houston. TX consisted of a group interview the first night after dinner. The following morning was a 10 minute presentation followed by 4 interviews each with a different interviewer.

Interview Questions

• First round: Behavioral and technical questions.
      Second round: Resume questions, presentation questions, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked me very generic questions and had me work through two logic based problem solving questions. The interviewer was very methodical in asking me the questions and made notes on everything that I answered. She was not the most talkative and simply asked questions without carrying on a conversation to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Schlumberger?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume at an on campus career fair and was contacted about a week later. I was scheduled for a one on one on campus interview with two weeks to prepare. After the interview, they got back to me about a month later.

The interview went well and they mainly focused on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with Schlumberger in which we discussed my past experiences and went over basic behavioral/interest questions. I connected well with the interviewer; she had a similar research background and enjoyed her time at Schlumberger.

I was invited to interview in Sugar Land (Houston), Texas, for positions in REMS - Research, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sustaining. At the interview I was asked to give a 7-minute presentation (10 slides or fewer) explaining a technical project to Schlumberger leadership with a few minutes of questions. Afterward, I had 4 one-on-one interviews with managers from across Schlumberger REMS.

One day later I received an offer for a position in Houston within the Engineering group with two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer placed a couple drawings on the desk and asked me to describe the function of the device. What was the material? Where would there be a possibility of mechanical failure? Then, he clarified the purpose of the machinery and asked what design considerations were important. He specifically asked me about design alterations or choices that catered to my background (thermal fluids).   1 Answer

I was nervous about becoming just a "number" in a massive company. I was skeptical about the rigid and impersonal advancement process. I felt the recruitment process was very one-sided. Upon receiving the offer, I knew nothing about the potential team or technology that I would be working with. I was offered a position based on Schlumberger's needs, not necessarily my interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (South Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

the interview was in Houston. The whole process was going pretty smoothly. They took us around the facility of the production part, then a 7 mins presentation to a group of engineers and finally there were 4 round interview with 4 different engineers. The whole interview started on 8:30 and continued to 3:30 in the afternoon

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between metal and non-metal materials?
      What are the forces acting on the drill bits?
      Draw the moment and share force diagrms   Answer Question