Schlumberger Petrotechnical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Petrotechnical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic 1st round behavioral interview where the interviewer asked a few common interview questions and questions about my resume. There were about 5 questions asked. Interview ended after interviewer answered some of my questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview

I got the first interview through college career fair. After 2 weeks I was invited for a second interview in Oklahoma City. We had to make 10 minute presentations on a past or current project, and then 80 minutes exit interview. It was very Technical.

Interview Questions

• 3 methods of heat transfer, Energy components of Bernoulli equation, what is wellbore storage, how hydraulic fracturing affects skin, and types of flow regimes.   Answer Question

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview

3 stages:
    1. CV shortlist based on GPA
    2. Group discussion
    3. Personal interview ( mostly they ask HR)

Interview Questions

• Crossing the GD is based on luck because they give strange topics and only 30sec to think. If you go blank you are gone. During the interview also you feel your interview has gone well but you cant even understand the reason why you are rejected.   Answer Question