Schlumberger Procurement Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Procurement Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was skype interview where I was asked various question on the technical and HR questions. They looking for students for a co-op in their facility on site. It was only 1 round and it took around 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How does your backgroud fit for the job profile?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Katy, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was horrible from the moment I sat down. The person interviewing me was very unprofessional. The interviewer didn't tell me much about the job. I felt like I was being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• If you were to get this job, how would I know you wouldn't leave within 6 months or a year to find something else.

What kind of company are we? what do we do and make?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first had an on-campus interview with a recruiter about 2 months after I applied. Then I got invited for a second interview at one of Schlumberger's locations soon after. At the second interview, there was about 8 other candidates there to interview for the same role (which I was not expecting). Each of us had to 2 interviews with 2 interviewers in each interview (so a total of 4 people we interviewed with).

Interview Questions

• Difference between procurement and sourcing?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Easy scenario/ case type of question (1 in each interview).
      And then just other common behavioral questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Invited to interview. I applied for a supply chain position and the lady interviewing me was from finance and couldn't answer any of my questions about the job, which I thought was kind of crappy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you didn't have a tool that you needed to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The recruiter confirmed personal information. Asked basic background questions and then asked some behavioral questions form my previous job. After that the recruiter talked about the expectations for the job and what would be required of the position.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a time when you had to use skills that pertain directly to the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

8 months passed between the time I applied and the time I was contacted. I agreed to an interview via webcam with HR, which lasted about 45 minutes. HR recommended me for an in-person interview which I did the next week. It was obvious from the moment I entered the conference room that I was not going to get the job. The manager had been forwarded the wrong copy of my CV from HR (the one from 8.5 months prior). I'm under 30 but could tell that my age would affect my fit with the young group, and my previous experience was being essentially brushed aside as if it were nothing. The interview itself was fairly straightforward. They told me to follow up with HR, which I did, but suddenly my contact who had been so open to communication before (including a 45-minute video chat) was no longer responding to me. I received an automated decline message that Sunday night at 8 PM. When I logged onto my career profile, I had also been declined for a position I had yet to interview for. All-in-all it was a colossal waste of time for me, especially haven taken off of my current job to fulfill the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle x transaction knowing that it's urgent?   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2015.

Interview

Two rounds. First round is with managers going over resume & situational questions. They are trained on how to interview. If you make the next round get ready for a laugh... The questions have nothing to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 countries in Africa?   Answer Question
    • Two questions on exchange rates. Gives you way too much information. Just right down the numbers.   Answer Question
    • If you had to pick a door which one would you pick? First door has a fire in the room. second door has land mines. Third has lions that haven't eaten in days.   1 Answer
    • How do you determine what light switch goes to what light? You can only enter the room once and you can't see in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through college or university.
    We had to do 2 interviews , First interviewed on campus.
    Then I was invited to the second interview, wich was at the same time as the Schlumberger Women and Technology confrence.
    The process took 3 days
    we had campuse tour and the experince was really awsome.
    Was invited to the confrence wich was in Houston in November. Gave a 7 minute presentation on any technical project you previously worked on. Then spoke to 4 different managers on my resume. Wasn't technically difficult.

Negotiation

I sent them my other offer letters, they could not match the highest , but they gave me a highest salery they could for the position

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

1st round, university interview
    2nd, on site, interviewed with 5 boss, management is paying attention to know all the new ppl. Each interview separates with each other, and I got questions regarding lean six sigma, supply chain related questions. Manager also introduced me the company culture.

Interview Questions

• questions related to my resume, and what's the busiest time   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took around 2 months since they first called after seeing my Resume' in a job seeker website. I I had to go through a phone interview, an online test and 2 more in person interviews. They will for your experiences in previous jobs, education and they will consider your attitude, future orientation as well. The processing time was quite long but clear and they will tell you how long you have to wait for the next round if you successfully pass the previous one.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, just normal interview one and some related to experiences and knowledge in the field you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a position require me to move to another country and they did ask for you to consider it carefully. I did many research about the company, the position, especially the country I am moving to. How are the people, culture, cost of living, average salary, etc. I did these research right after getting their phone call for the first round. My advice is just having a good preparation.