Schlumberger REMS Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger REMS Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online 2 semesters before graduation. Didnt hear back until a month before graduation. got an email asking for a phone interview for the 2 days after the email was sent. Phone interview was basic questions about my resume etc. Chatte some and talked about what is involved in REMS.

a week or so later, i was invited to fly to houston for a 2 day interview group event. Travel was well coordinated. the first day we had a location visit, where we saw one manufacturing floor, it wasn't too extensive. HR folks gave a presentation on schlumberger, and then we had a trebuchet building competition. The reps didnt even stay in the room while we worked, so im not sure what purpose it served.

The next day we gave technical presentations we'd prepared before hand to a room of experts. very few questions were asked. later, several 1 on 1 interviews were conducted. they were very technical, but I found that the best feedback I got were the interviews where I could answer the questions and could make them laugh as well.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me everything you can about this technical drawing"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terms were great, I felt no need to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. Two weeks after my phone interview I invited to sugar land tx for an on site interview. The on site consisted of dinner on Thursday night with the group of interviewees (15 of us) and 2 recruiters and a presentation about schlumberger. Friday we had a site tour, gave our own 7 min presentations, then had 3 one on one interviews.

Questions were pretty standard. One interviewer told me that they used to give brain teasers but don't anymore - I didn't get any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

I had an interview on my University Campus, about general behavioral questions. Afterwards, they invited me to their headquarters in Texas for a second round of interviews, consisting of 1:1 interviews with 5 managers, a presentation of Thesis or current research, and a tour of their facilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with Schlumberger at the school career fair and dropped off a resume, also applied through the campus career center. Was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple weeks later.

Had a 1 on 1 interview with one of the mechanical engineers (I'm an ME as well) that lasted ~30 minutes with behavior questions at the start and a couple technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked general behavioral questions: Name a time you faced a challenge in a project, etc.   Answer Question
    • Was also asked a couple fairly basic statics related questions (how to hang something, safety factors), and also about the direction of a moving piston, given system constraints.   Answer Question

REMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2012.

Interview

This is a review of the phone interview that I attended with Schlumberger. I applied online for a REMS position and got an interview call about a week later. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The mail said that it was going to be a behavioral interview with a few technical questions towards the end.
    The following were the questions:
    1. tell me about yourself
    2. Why SLB?
    3. Have you ever been in a team where the team dynamics was difficult to handle? If you were the leader would you have done anything differently?
    4. 8 weights puzzle
    5. Where will a variable in a function be stored in the memory? Stack or heap? What variables are stored in the heap?
    6. What is the syntax for dynamic memory allocation?
    7. Asked a little about my projects and my past work experience.

The interviewer was considerate and gave me time to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Now I am waiting on the results from my phone interview .   Answer Question

REMS Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

Schlumberger Technology Corporation came to recruit on Campus. The interview consisted of 30 minutes and got asked some behavioral questions, a couple of technical questions, and then I asked some questions to the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Dropped resume with Schlumberger recruiters at campus career fair; invited to an on-campus interview then invited to an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a presentation by a recruiter at the hotel followed by a dinner. Next day we were brought to the facility where we had a quick tour, then gave presentations that we prepared based on previous or current research projects. Then there were 3 back-to-back one-on-one interviews, with a break for lunch after the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume at the career fair. After that, a recruiter contacted me and set up an initial interview at my university.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavorial   1 Answer

REMS Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, then a phone interview, asked questions about resume, then a few technical questions in Mechanical Engineering, finally the Q&A part. Got rejected after a month, cause I couldn't be able to answer the technical questions.

REMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions were asked pertaining to previous project work, leadership experience. The interviewer shared his own experiences while at the company ans was very friendly overall. The questions were pretty straight forward and expected first round questions.