Schlumberger REMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger REMS Interview Questions

2.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interacted with the representative at the college career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day which lasted 30 mins. A week later, I was notified of being selected for the second round at Houston. The interviewer was easy to talk with, asked to explain a project from the resume, asked basic behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• why Schlumberger, give an example of conflicts while working in a team and how you resolved it, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied through a resume drop at my college. Was notified about a phone interview ~2 weeks later. Interview consisted partially of behavioral questions and then several questions about mechanics/materials. I was notified about receiving the position several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe the stress - strain curve of steel   Answer Question
    • How would a cylinder of steel deform under compression force from both ends   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Two days process. First day flew to Houston, visit rig in their campus, dinner together and team activities (just for fun, no observation from HR). Second day, gave a 7 min presentation. and then 4 1:1 interview. Looks like to me the interviewers are very random, they gave you the names of interviews first day but change them second day morning cause someone are not available and they temporarily ask stb to stand in

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

the interview took place on campus and it was 30 min. they asked me to explain some unusual physics and machining problems. the questions had simple answers and quite intuitive but they were interested in how you come up with the answers. they asked specific questions about the campus faculties as well... then they asked me behavior questions based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• describe a team that you don't like and how you overcame the conflict.   Answer Question

REMS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

the interview was went well. flew me to houston first class. stayed overnight with a group of other prospective candidates. did team building exercises on the first night after dinner. making catapults out of pencils and rubberbands.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my manufacturing skills and abilities, tolerancing etc.   Answer Question

REMS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I first met Schlumberger through a information session at my school. It was actually pretty long but I stayed for the whole process. Then I did an interview on campus. That was short 30 minute interview asking basic questions on your resume and few technical questions. Then I flew in for an interview to Houston. Interview was pretty straightforward with four interviewers asking technical and behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Screened people at career fair. Then called for H.R interview at the university. If selected they will call for an on site interview at houston. HR questions were pretty basic and general questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview offered after attending career fair. Simple one on one, 30 minute interview with majority behavioral and resume questions (describe experience, challenges, interpersonal skills, etc) and then wrapped up with 2 technical questions that were mechanical engineering related (I am a MEEN major). Have not heard back from them yet (I just interviewed 2 days ago).

Interview Questions

• Draw stress-strain curve and describe the relevant information on it   1 Answer
    • 2 loading cases for pressurized cylinder which one is more structural sound   Answer Question

REM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Businsss professional on campus. Typical situation based questions and others about why are you interested in this position,. Never a personal response that was promised for 2 weeks later. interviewer was fairly nice. Speaking to employee at career fair definitely helped me get interview. They asked me to choose a specific route with in the engineering intern program and I was rather ambiguous with might have hurt me. Try to emphasize you are interested in staying with them for ththe long run.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Attended school job fair then got on-campus interview.You have to apply online and attend an info session. It is a first-round interview. 20 minutes behavior, 10 minutes technical. Most questions are covered on glassdoor.