Schlumberger REMS Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

REMS/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi stage interview process. Found Schlumberger at a career fair, had a great conversation, and went to their info session the next day (I think this is very important). Two weeks later, I was called in for an on-campus interview, which pretty much consisted of going through my resume. Two weeks after that, I was flown out to Houston for an interview there. The first day was just a site tour and an info session (pretty much the same one as before). The next day was a 7 minute presentation, followed by four 30-45 minute interviews. These were both technical and behavioral. Within two weeks, was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Talked to the recruiting team during info session, then I was invited for an on-campus interview second day. Received on-site interview invitation one week after. The on-site interview was a 3 day process, consisting of 2 days filled with activities helped you get to know Schlumberger and final day for the interview. Questions are mostly resume based questions and they are very easy. Interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions

• What was you take aways from your previous internship. Which section(s) in SLB do you want to work and why. Describe tools used in the section you wanted to work for and tell me about challenges associated when designing those tools.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Dropped resume at the career fair, was called for interviewing a few days later. Interviews were held on campus, coordinated nicely. The HR person and the technical person very approachable. Overall, very pleasant treatment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, difficult situations faced and how did you overcome, leadership roles etc. All typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and met with recruiters at job fair. Had an on-campus interview 2 weeks later. Received an on site interview (Rosharon, TX) about 1.5 weeks after the on-campus interview. That will take place early November.

Interview Questions

• The on-campus interview was very short and the only question asked was tell me all I need to know about you and you most recent project experience in 25 minute. It was very casual and laid back and we had a nice conversation.   Answer Question

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

Interview

Handed in my resume at campus career fair, got a on campus interview next day. Just went through my resume, no very hard questions asked. Got the on site invitation one month after.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever feel like enlightened when you learned something in class that you never know before?   Answer Question

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I went to my universities career fair. After a few weeks I was contacted for an on campus first round of interview. Before the interview there was an information session the previous evening. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly HR, with questions about experience of working in a team, leadership experience etc. Within one week I was invited for an on site interview which is yet to take place.

Mechanical Engineer REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to career fair at my University in the month of september'13. Dropped in my Resume. Later attended the info session and got an email for the first on-campus round. The interview was totally behavioral with basic technical questions.
    After 3 weeks got a mail from them that I was selected and was invited to Sugarland centre ( Nov 5th'13)for the second & final interview. The first day was a little disappointing as due to bad weather we couldn't tour the sugarland campus but the night was fun. Had dinner with the recruiting and other officials included introductions, a team game etc.

Next day had 4 45 min interviews, they were pretty good, some were technical he showed me a part design and asked about it mostly GD&T. Others were trying to assess where I would fit the best. After the process I felt pretty confident. After 2 weeks I get a mail that I was selected. Yayyy!!!

Was my first interview and i cracked it :)

REMS- Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online at Schlumberger's website and got an opportunity for a phone interview the following day. The phone interview consisted of a lot of technical questions and a detailed insight about my resume/ thesis work etc. Technical questions included: Describe a stress-strain curve, difference between lathe and a mill, difference between linear a and geometric dimension. Some behavioral questions: Explain your experience working in a team. Asked if i was willing to relocate. Overall it was an average interview with more technical and resume based questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i was more keen about working in manufacturing or in design.   Answer Question

REMS - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

1st round on campus; 2nd round in Houston, TX. Presentation, lunch and then 3 hr interview with 4 interviewer

Interview Questions

• Choose a topic that you are interested within the company   Answer Question

REMS, Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied Online. Had a phone interview where they asked questions like how does a car work and what is the difference between milling and lathe. Then was called for an in-site interview to Houston. Had to give a presentation on my technical work followed by four one-on-one interviews. In that they quizzed me on CAD drawings, and asked me some simple questions on pressure acting on pipes.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a dark closet with 49 white socks and 1 black one.how many socks would you pick so as to ensure that you exit the closet with a pair of similar colored socks   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. I got what I wanted and liked what I got