Schlumberger Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Research Scientist Interview Questions

2.7

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Interview with all the people from the group

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

I gave a presentation on previous research to a panel of 10, with individual interviews following.

Interview Questions

• All questions were mainly technical, related to my research. I didn't know much about SLB, so those questions were the toughest.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

Interview

A whole day interview. I made a presentation and also interviewed with about 6 people, questioning me about me research experience. i also met with the lab director. I gave presentation on my research which is on green energy related.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Although we speak portuguese here in Brazil, the language of the interview was english. First, he asked me to talk about myself, about my qualities and what I think about my area of expertise. Then, after some chat, he told me a little about how people feel working there and asked me what I think about that.

Interview Questions

• How would you do to sort a set of infinite numbers from a continuous stream?   1 Answer

I was accepted to master degree.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

I responded to an advert in New Scientist and sent my CV to the HR department. I was invited to interview around 1 month later. The day started with me having to give a ~1hr presentation on a research area (I presented my PhD work). I then had 4x30 minute interviews with scientific advisers and the manager and research director of the department I would be joining.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my PhD, why I wanted to join etc. Nothing overly technical about the oil and gas industry as it was assumed I had no real prior knowledge.   Answer Question