Schlumberger Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

A lot of questions about my resume. The SE who interviewed me also has some experience in GO, so asked a lot of questions about your resume. Have not heard back, but hoping will get a offer.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string using recursion.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Round 1 : a Oncampus behavioral round
                          b. Hackerrank
    Round 2 : Onsite interview
                      a. Technical topic presentation
                      b. 4 rounds of techinical and behavioral

Interview Questions

• 1. Check is a graph is fully connected
      2. Word ladder problem
      3. questions on C++   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I talked and submitted resume in the campus career fair and got an on-campus interview. The interviewees were actually mixed, phd, undergrad, ME, CS. The questions are mostly behavior. They said it is just to make sure you will get the right type of OA.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very abstract and behavioral. Person asking to code kept peeping in my paper while I was trying to code and did not let me talk through my method. Also did not know the language I was comfortable in.

Interview Questions

• To execute a doubly linked list and give its complexity   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was offered the job after performing well in a couple of summer internships with them. They treat the ten weeks of the internship as an extended interview process, and they offer you a job not too long after you finish your internship if they are happy with your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

well conducted by the recruiter and engineer. in a timely manner.
    Both of them were very nice. The engineer primarily went over my resume and also talked about the products they have and her contribution to the development of these products

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume in detail. Only technical question was what is Big O   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Interview

Phone conversation with a recruiter and then a day of on-site interview. Started with candidate's presentation. Talked to one or two interviewers representing each team. No complex coding questions. Mainly discussion of what you've done and what you potentially work on here. They asked what I'm interested in. They gave me a tour of their data center.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your job? What was the most challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on school career fair and got in touched in a week, I attend the info session and an on-campus interview. In the interview, it is really nice of the interviewee, he asked me a few background questions to fill the required form and told me to relax and it is only a informal talk. It is really nice to talk to him.

Interview Questions

• 1. describle one of your most interesting project   Answer Question
    • 2. design an online lottery system, how to store the lottery number and get the winners info quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

40 minutes call for two coding questions. One-to-one phone call. You need to tell the HR your coding lines as clean as possible, though no need to type or write down.

Interview Questions

• 1. Provided by two integers, represented by two linked lists (one node each digit), asking for the sum of these two integers and use linked list to represent   1 Answer
    • 2. Given a target integer and an array of integers, return true if the sum two integers in the array equals to the target, otherwise return false   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter from the career fair. They scheduled an on-campus interview about a week after contacting me. Engineers from multiple areas had come to interview such as a software engineer, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer etc. They had an information session a day before the interview. The engineers were nice people. The HR was.. well.. rude would be an understatement. This is one of those companies that don't get back to you after an interview; and this was a face-face interview. I have a message to this company's recruiting group - You should reply to a candidate especially when they mail you more than once.

Interview Questions

• The software engineer was gracious and down to earth. I was asked questions from my resume and very basic programming knowledge based questions. I was asked to review a C++ code with errors.
      The engineer did ask me to mail the HR if I don't get a response in two weeks. In his own words - "We should mail you. I mean that's the least we can do, whatever the result might be" (Especially this being an on campus interview)   Answer Question