Schlumberger Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.5

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds, first round was basically behavior questions with a little bit technical questions. Second round was on-site. 4 interviewers and 1 presentation. It was tough but interviewers were really nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at my college cair fair. 1st round interview was around 50 min. Asked me about my resume and then asked a simple coding question. Got invited for an onsite 2nd round a few days later. For the onsite the first day they gave us a tour of a facility. 2nd day consisted of me giving a presentation and then 4 interviews with a lunch break in between.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my university's career fair. Thirty min behavioral interview only. Was not interviewed by same recruiter from career fair. Interviewer pretty much talked down to me for thirty minutes for being a freshmen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an interview through school's career fair. The interviewer asked me what I was interested in and did most of the talking actually. He said I needed to be more confident and show my skills better.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, dependent on fit to company and interest. We talked for about a hour on what the company does, as well as my potential role as an intern. The conversation was heavily steered based on your interest and what you want to do. More than anything, the interview seems to guage your interest and fit, as oppose to technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing, what are you interested in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The company has different centers. I interviewed with 5 engineers through a conference call from their California center. A lot of IOT and machine learning basic questions, such as how do you implement a bootstrap in machine learning. However, there is not a person hosting the process, which made the progress a bit messy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview and there were three interviewers from the software department. They went through my resume and dig into each project I did. They ask me a bunch of data structure questions and how I use them in each case. Then they give me an easy coding question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Describe your project
      Basic data structure questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through career fair, the recruiter talked with me about resume, and luckily I get the offer. The whole process took about 3 weeks. Most interns in this company get the job with out technical interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

40 minutes call for two coding questions. One-to-one phone call. You need to tell the HR your coding lines as clean as possible, though no need to type or write down.

Interview Questions

• 1. Provided by two integers, represented by two linked lists (one node each digit), asking for the sum of these two integers and use linked list to represent   Answer Question
    • 2. Given a target integer and an array of integers, return true if the sum two integers in the array equals to the target, otherwise return false   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on school career fair and got in touched in a week, I attend the info session and an on-campus interview. In the interview, it is really nice of the interviewee, he asked me a few background questions to fill the required form and told me to relax and it is only a informal talk. It is really nice to talk to him.

Interview Questions

• 1. describle one of your most interesting project   Answer Question
    • 2. design an online lottery system, how to store the lottery number and get the winners info quickly.   Answer Question