Schlumberger Sourcing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Sourcing Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (College Station, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is as much a behavioral interview as it is a technical interview. They will try to make you feel uncomfortable and put stress on you. It is designed to see how you respond when asked to make quick business decisions.

Interview Questions

• *What are the pillars of supply chain?
    *What is the difference between sourcing and procurement?
    *How would you go about determining pricing between vendors?
    *What do you know about us/the oil and gas industry?
    *How would you rank the following (cost, delivery, safety, and quality)?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The Center Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Lead, Sourcing Lead, and Supplier Lead interviewed me over a casual lunch then each interviewed me separately. I transitioned into a full time role from an internship position so my interview process was probably more unorthodox than most people's experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important to you in a sourcing position - cost, OTD, or quality?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Got the first round interview via campus recruiting, the interview was not difficult, majorly related to the position itself, for me it's like the experience I had in my internship, ERP system, purchasing, sourcing and procurement. The second round is on site at Houston, all candidates gathered in the late afternoon before the interview day, had an introduction of the company from HR and did some team building activities. On the interview day, first we did a 10mins presentation about your projects. Then I had four back-to-back technical interviews, but they were all not that "technical"! Not difficult, majorly about your experience on your resume. And had lunch there then they gave us a tour through on of their research lab.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to negotiate with your suppliers when you working on your internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview with hiring managers. Mostly about resumes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I was approached by a person from HR and the day of the interview I talked to to 3 people that asked me many questions related to my previous experience. Mostly it was a dialogue related to supply chain/sourcing.