Schlumberger Supply Chain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Supply Chain Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a video call. It went for as long as an hour. It was very smooth and easy. A LOT of questions were asked and a lot was discussed. The recruiter who seemed very curt through emails was not curt actually, it was only the style in email communication.

Video call:
Even though I was told it is a behavioral interview, it ended up being technical too. I was asked a lot of questions on my courses too. I didn't mind it, since I knew everything from my coursework. In 2-3 days I got the email for a round 2 interview, which will be in person with the managers.

In-person interview:
They flew me to the office to interview. This interview was only 15 mins long (seemed like a lot of money spent for 15 minutes interview)! The manager was really cool and it was a fun discussion. It seemed like they had already made up their mind during the first interview and they only wanted to see me in person.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy. Nothing was unexpected. There were questions like:
    Situational questions (something similar to STAR approach).
    Then questions about suppliers, the selection process, supplier performance evaluation.
    The only one question I could not answer and should have been able to:
    What areas in you require improvement?
    (Basically they were asking what are your negativities that can be improved)
    Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase and I did not initiate any negotiation. Was happy to have received the internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Promptly scheduled on campus interview for 2 weeks following. Interview was mostly behavioral with questions about examples about technical application. In 2 weeks we will be informed if we move on to the next round which will be 2 weeks from then. If you are chosen to move on, you will be flown to Houston and more details will provided at that time. I haven't finished the interview, so my answer about being offered a position is the power of positive thinking :-).

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2010.

Interview

My interview process was the following way:
    1.- Resume: Straight forward questions, they got deep into details of my resume and was a smooth conversation
    2.- Behavioral questions
    3.- Opportunity to ask questions
    4.- Brain teaser: why manholes are round?
    Looking back I can say that it was an nice experience overall.

Interview Questions