Schlumberger Interview Questions in Tulsa, OK | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.7

Junior Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

Well my interview process consisted of 3 phone interviews and a 2 day interview in Tulsa OK. They gave us a homework assignment prior to the 2 day interview which is important as they ask questions. Participate as much as you can and don't be afraid of approaching they hiring managers and ask them questions as that shows interest which is what they're looking for. I know it's usually said but I must reiterate 'be yourself' and have fun be a team player and most importantly be on time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Location, Location, location... This was very important to me and my family and the company does well with helping you find the right location. They want you happy/content to perform what they hired you for which is great. For example I tactfully turned down two offers and changed my start date to get a location that suited my family.....so my advice would be don't be afraid to go for the location or in proximity to what you and your family want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a very easy interview. I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview was very laid back. I felt like I did great and now I am waiting to see if I made it through to the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in July 2010.

Interview

The process involved over the phone interviews, then traveling to Tulsa, OK for an in person interview that lasted 3 whole days. The interview puts your through an introduction of the company and the various segments. You then talk to hiring managers in their respective segments. Then, you will be asked to share your experiences with the interview class and perform team building/group tasks.

Interview Questions

• Create a square out of rope with a team of up to 15 people, starting in a circular formation. You are unable to let go of the string at any time. Sounds easy? You had to perform this task blindfolded and in less than 2 minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying online through my university's website and then again on the company's official website, I attended an information session that was hosted by a Schlumberger recruiter. Having already applied, I had an interview set up at this point. Two days after the info session, I attended the interview and was greeted by the same recruiter from the info session. It was a great interview - we discussed why I wanted to intern for the company and whether it was the right thing for me. Shortly thereafter, I was a offered a field camp position at Oklahoma on the spot. The interviewer was quite fun to talk to and welcomed any comments and questions I had for them. It was the best interview I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

Interview Questions

• If you were on an oil rig and were the project manager and found out that your shipment will be running late, what kind of plan would you have to make the most of your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with headhunter, then longer phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with recruiter had the usual questions and then a word problem. After the interview, was asked to come to further recruiting event, a two-day group team building exercise with evaluations. Evaluations were for performance on the team building exercises, and how well applicants got along with others. Hiring offer was made at the end of the two days.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy, Behavior- Need to be Field Type, adventurous. I was recruited at the University. I spent 3 days at an engineering camp. the camp was filled with social activities. I was interviewed. Only 3 of us were selected from a group of 10.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Very basic. They will also try to sell you on Schlumberger in the first interview. The lifestyle isnt for everyone so they want to know if you want to work a tough schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying abroad.   2 Answers
    • What is your back up plan if you dont get a job by graduation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Very informative, was helpful in getting to know all the positions available to aspiring field engineer. I would definitely recommend this process versus others I have encountered in the past due to the informal nature and overall informative recruiters involved.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in April 2011.

Interview

First interview was individual, Second interview was with a group and lasted about 30 hours. Not only was it an interview, but we were also shown a lot about what kind of work we'd be doing, so it actually kind of felt like a two-way interview - They were seeing if we were fit for the job, and we got to see if it'd be a good fit for us

Interview Questions

• Describe a "Macgiver Moment" that we've had/solved in our life   Answer Question

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in June 2012.

Interview

Schlumberger flew me out to Tulsa, OK from Houston, TX for multiple interviews. Meet and greet dinner and team building exercises over two days culminated with two separate formal interviews. Each had 2 to 3 interviewers asking me questions about my electronic background and knowledge.
    Drug testing: Before flying out to Tulsa I had to get drug tested with a hair sample and breathalyzer. I also had to pass a fitness test which consisted of hanging from a rope using only my bare hands for 30 seconds. They also made me climb several flights of stairs while carrying a 30 lb. weight.
    Before the interview the drug tested me on the first day. They also drug/alcohol tested me on the last day using urine samples and a breathalyzer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me lots of circuit questions like voltage dividers, ohms law, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was laid off for two years before this interview and didn't bother haggling on their offer.