Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyce, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Dyce, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

A full day interview day at the D&M base at Dyce. This included a pre-prepared presentation about ourselves, a general test-paper on science and geology, some group exercises and a one-on-one interview. The staff also gave a short presentation with a brief history of the company, so it's worth doing some homework. The interviewers were all very friendly and relaxed throughout the day. I would recommend being confident in your own knowledge, and approachable.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question involved having to open a mystery black case, use the technical diagram to assemble the item inside, and to explain what the item was.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via the Schlumberger careers page. Was then invited to an assessment day 1 month later. The day lasted from 09:00 to 17:30 and consisted of aptitude tests, group exercise, presentations and an individual interview. The day was enjoyable and the interviewers done a question and answer session before lunch which was good.

The individual interview only lasted 30 minutes and was primarily based on my CV which they had beside them. I'm still waiting to hear back regarding my interview.

Field Engineer Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First day involved an introduction to the company and programme. This was followed by 2 tests, one math-based and the other known as 'mechanical reasoning'. This was followed by lunch and then a group activity - for us it was build the tallest tower that can hold a mobile phone securely. After this was the one-to-one interview. Everyone was invited to the second assessment day which involved a presentation and second group activity.

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to pack your bags and fly to a field location in say, Africa, tomorrow?   1 Answer

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2016.

Interview

The assessment centre was 2 days at the offices where we had to participate in exercises, take a maths and mechanics test, give a presentation on ourselves and an interview. There were 8 people at the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to communicate with people from a different background to yourself?   Answer Question

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with the college recruiter with some general information sharing about the companies newest technology, followed by some general interview questions and some brain teasers. The recruiter was very friendly and offered several positions available for me to apply for, although none of them fit what I am studying. I thought I might as well give it a chance, but as expected I messed up the technical interview through Lync completely as my area of knowledge is rather irrelevant. After that, the college recruiter still is willing to offer me another interview for other positions and tried to motivate me which I am super grateful for, but I have already accepted another job offer. Was the nicest recruiter I have ever met.

Directional Driller Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went to London and had a quick interview . It Was brief as I had experience and it was along time ago. They needed experienced people quickly and decided there and then.

Interview Questions

• None really just a few basic questions on experience and knowledge. Asked where I would work and how flexible I was and my work ethic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but a simple offer to accept or reject.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very approachable people, mixture of experience and technical questions. First round was assessment centre with "tell us about you" presentation, technical test in your field and 1:1 interview. Second round was phone interview with technical centre, then onsite at technical centre with 4 interviews and technical presentation. Everyone that I met was friendly, engaging and genuinely interested in me.

Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

CV and Cover Letter submitted through university
    Received invite for an interview almost immediate.
    Company loves to hire from Imperial, Bristol and Bath universities. Usually close to no competition for the place. In 90% of the case will hire you if you got invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your university modules and laboratory work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Phone Interview with two managers. I was asked questions about my academic performance and how do I imagine my role as an intern. Also, they asked questions about my experience in electrical engineering in terms of modules taken in university and projects undertaken. Moreover, I was asked competency questions about my qualities as team member and so on.