Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 6, 2017

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via the Schlumberger careers page. Was then invited to an assessment day 1 month later. The day lasted from 09:00 to 17:30 and consisted of aptitude tests, group exercise, presentations and an individual interview. The day was enjoyable and the interviewers done a question and answer session before lunch which was good.

The individual interview only lasted 30 minutes and was primarily based on my CV which they had beside them. I'm still waiting to hear back regarding my interview.

Field Engineer Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First day involved an introduction to the company and programme. This was followed by 2 tests, one math-based and the other known as 'mechanical reasoning'. This was followed by lunch and then a group activity - for us it was build the tallest tower that can hold a mobile phone securely. After this was the one-to-one interview. Everyone was invited to the second assessment day which involved a presentation and second group activity.

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to pack your bags and fly to a field location in say, Africa, tomorrow?   1 Answer

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2016.

Interview

The assessment centre was 2 days at the offices where we had to participate in exercises, take a maths and mechanics test, give a presentation on ourselves and an interview. There were 8 people at the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to communicate with people from a different background to yourself?   Answer Question

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with the college recruiter with some general information sharing about the companies newest technology, followed by some general interview questions and some brain teasers. The recruiter was very friendly and offered several positions available for me to apply for, although none of them fit what I am studying. I thought I might as well give it a chance, but as expected I messed up the technical interview through Lync completely as my area of knowledge is rather irrelevant. After that, the college recruiter still is willing to offer me another interview for other positions and tried to motivate me which I am super grateful for, but I have already accepted another job offer. Was the nicest recruiter I have ever met.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very approachable people, mixture of experience and technical questions. First round was assessment centre with "tell us about you" presentation, technical test in your field and 1:1 interview. Second round was phone interview with technical centre, then onsite at technical centre with 4 interviews and technical presentation. Everyone that I met was friendly, engaging and genuinely interested in me.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Applied Online didn't get a response until I met a Slb representative.
    2. Attended assessment centre which included psychometric tests which included a matrix test, fault finding tests, a group exercise, self-presentation (this was given to prepare beforehand and a CV based interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

CV only, which was a plus. Positive phone interview. Tell me about yourself. A time when you had a conflict in a team. Invite to AD a few days after. Had to do a 5 min presentation, very straightforward. Interviewer seemed to really like it. Then team exercise. Then individual interview, was going well until the interviewer asked me about my a level grades (not good) and why I hadn't pursued an internship during uni, which threw me. Lovely people though.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Personal presentation, paper based IQ test (quite hard) then a group activity where we had to construct a paper structure, and a practical test where we had to assemble a valve from the diagram.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First is online application which is relatively quick to finish. It does not involve any essay or covering letters, so just submit your cv and fill some information then there you are.
    Afterwards, I was invited to the assessment center that held in the Gatwick office. This test included presentation skill test (you will be asked prepare a presentation about your background, personal experience, as well as description about yourself). Then, you will have two tests (quantitative skill test and basic electrical engineering test). At the end of this section, you will be interviewed by the HR person. It mainly revolved around your leadership and technical project experience, and question what do you know about the company. Also, he asked me why I choose the position in R&D, would I mind to work in the field (I said that I do mind because I apply only for R&D job).
    The final stage is interview session in the R&D center. This would be my workplace if I got accepted. My advice is, prepare yourself about the technical skills and knowledge as much as you can. You will be challenged of some technical questions, about both of your projects and selected topic from interviewer. In the case when you think you cannot answer it, just don't show your nervousness. Try to approach the question gently to avoid yourself from further difficult questions.
    I was cut on the last stage. However, it was a very good experiences. I got the response a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique?
      Why Schlumberger?
      Revise your past projects thoroughly before coming to the technical interview   Answer Question