Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.9

Field Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyce, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Dyce, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

A full day interview day at the D&M base at Dyce. This included a pre-prepared presentation about ourselves, a general test-paper on science and geology, some group exercises and a one-on-one interview. The staff also gave a short presentation with a brief history of the company, so it's worth doing some homework. The interviewers were all very friendly and relaxed throughout the day. I would recommend being confident in your own knowledge, and approachable.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question involved having to open a mystery black case, use the technical diagram to assemble the item inside, and to explain what the item was.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First day involved an introduction to the company and programme. This was followed by 2 tests, one math-based and the other known as 'mechanical reasoning'. This was followed by lunch and then a group activity - for us it was build the tallest tower that can hold a mobile phone securely. After this was the one-to-one interview. Everyone was invited to the second assessment day which involved a presentation and second group activity.

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to pack your bags and fly to a field location in say, Africa, tomorrow?   1 Answer

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with the college recruiter with some general information sharing about the companies newest technology, followed by some general interview questions and some brain teasers. The recruiter was very friendly and offered several positions available for me to apply for, although none of them fit what I am studying. I thought I might as well give it a chance, but as expected I messed up the technical interview through Lync completely as my area of knowledge is rather irrelevant. After that, the college recruiter still is willing to offer me another interview for other positions and tried to motivate me which I am super grateful for, but I have already accepted another job offer. Was the nicest recruiter I have ever met.

Directional Driller Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went to London and had a quick interview . It Was brief as I had experience and it was along time ago. They needed experienced people quickly and decided there and then.

Interview Questions

• None really just a few basic questions on experience and knowledge. Asked where I would work and how flexible I was and my work ethic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but a simple offer to accept or reject.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Very approachable people, mixture of experience and technical questions. First round was assessment centre with "tell us about you" presentation, technical test in your field and 1:1 interview. Second round was phone interview with technical centre, then onsite at technical centre with 4 interviews and technical presentation. Everyone that I met was friendly, engaging and genuinely interested in me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Phone Interview with two managers. I was asked questions about my academic performance and how do I imagine my role as an intern. Also, they asked questions about my experience in electrical engineering in terms of modules taken in university and projects undertaken. Moreover, I was asked competency questions about my qualities as team member and so on.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Applied Online didn't get a response until I met a Slb representative.
    2. Attended assessment centre which included psychometric tests which included a matrix test, fault finding tests, a group exercise, self-presentation (this was given to prepare beforehand and a CV based interview.

REMS Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two Interviews
    First interview was with HR, consisted of two tests; one on mechanical reasoning and a second on maths (beware imperial units!!) this was followed by a CV based competency interview and a tour of the site along with an overview of the company.

Second interview was with the team I would be directly working with, this was a technical interview, I had to give a presentation on a technical project I had worked on, followed by a number of questions regarding design for manufacture and understanding of technical drawings. This was concluded by a competency interview and a tour of the site specific to the role I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure an M6 screw to verify it is M6?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

CV only, which was a plus. Positive phone interview. Tell me about yourself. A time when you had a conflict in a team. Invite to AD a few days after. Had to do a 5 min presentation, very straightforward. Interviewer seemed to really like it. Then team exercise. Then individual interview, was going well until the interviewer asked me about my a level grades (not good) and why I hadn't pursued an internship during uni, which threw me. Lovely people though.