Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Relatively tame assessment day, only 7 candidates.

Morning had some logic and reasoning tests followed by a group exercise.

Afternoon had a presentation on yourself and a brief one on one interview; nothing too challenging asked but they seemed keen to know if you have practical experience. Followed by a 5 minute technical task assembling a simple a valve.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Interview Questions

• Valve assembly had a time limit.   1 Answer

Interview

I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Questions

• They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

?

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two separate interviews. First one on campus and a second one at one of the regional headquarters. There was an interview panel made up of technical and personnel people.
    All the candidates had to do a technical presentation of work they had done recently. You would then get grilled on what you had spoken about, they would go at you until you crack basically, guess its just to see how you can think on the spot and answer questions under pressure.
    Apart from that it was mostly relaxed and they were friendly.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There were a range of things to complete including psychometric testing, a presentation about yourself and to answer pre-set questions using powerpoint and a face to face interview. It was overall a good experience and the interviewers were absolutely lovely people!

Interview Questions

• Why have you not chosen to pursue work experience within your desired area of interest?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Why didn't you do a masters degree?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed Salary, no negotiation!

Seismic Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick phone call asking what I knew about the company and when I could start - I think someone had dropped out of the internship last minute and they quickly needed people. Also some questions about past internships and my knowledge of seismic processing.

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Interview

Sent off written application. Heard back days before apologising for short notice, and asking if I could come to interview. There was one admin interviewing about 6 of us, throughout the day. In the meantime, candidates were asked to sit in a room, complete some tests, or, having completed those tests, just sit and wait for their turn.

Didn't get the job, but on asking for feedback, got told that I "performed well in both the interview and tests". They just didn't think I'd like to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions - nothing particularly challenging.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially an assessment centre followed by an individual interview in the office which you'd be working in.
      The assessment centre was a joke. The format was an IQ test, individual presentation, group task and then individual interview.
      I arrived 10 minutes early to be prepared, a woman arrived 15 minutes late told us to follow her (didn't bother introducing herself). We were then sat in a room and asked to do an IQ test (apparently 4 years at University isn't a measure of intelligence). The next task was a pre-arranged presentation on ourselves, the recruiter wasn't even paying attention, which was made worse by the questions session when she quickly glanced at my CV saw the first thing on there asked me about it when I'd already explained that in the presentation.
      The next part of the day was the group task, whilst I realise that usually they are looking at how we work as a team when building a paper tower, when you notice that they're just checking their emails it's somewhat disheartening. The final interview involved putting together a piece of kit, the instructions are included I didn't realise. Despite this car-crash of a day I got a second interview.
      The second part is where a bit of context may be useful; the job is advertised as an offshore job, not entirely my cup of tea but beggars can't be choosers. I arrived in some hole of an industrial estate outside Aberdeen the guy I was due to meet was friendly and the team were welcoming enough. But when I tole him that I thought the job was offshore he looked at me incredulously and told me that they'd struggle to send people offshore. Bizarre.

Interview Questions

• Putting together the piece of kit, make sure you find the instructions!!   Answer Question