Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.9

Field Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyce, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Dyce, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

A full day interview day at the D&M base at Dyce. This included a pre-prepared presentation about ourselves, a general test-paper on science and geology, some group exercises and a one-on-one interview. The staff also gave a short presentation with a brief history of the company, so it's worth doing some homework. The interviewers were all very friendly and relaxed throughout the day. I would recommend being confident in your own knowledge, and approachable.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question involved having to open a mystery black case, use the technical diagram to assemble the item inside, and to explain what the item was.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First day involved an introduction to the company and programme. This was followed by 2 tests, one math-based and the other known as 'mechanical reasoning'. This was followed by lunch and then a group activity - for us it was build the tallest tower that can hold a mobile phone securely. After this was the one-to-one interview. Everyone was invited to the second assessment day which involved a presentation and second group activity.

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to pack your bags and fly to a field location in say, Africa, tomorrow?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had three interview with the hiring managers. Each interview focused on what each particular hiring manager was looking for. As such, one was highly technical, one was quite personal and the final interview was a mixture.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to know the viscosity of oil as a function of temperature and pressure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with the college recruiter with some general information sharing about the companies newest technology, followed by some general interview questions and some brain teasers. The recruiter was very friendly and offered several positions available for me to apply for, although none of them fit what I am studying. I thought I might as well give it a chance, but as expected I messed up the technical interview through Lync completely as my area of knowledge is rather irrelevant. After that, the college recruiter still is willing to offer me another interview for other positions and tried to motivate me which I am super grateful for, but I have already accepted another job offer. Was the nicest recruiter I have ever met.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

First round is telephone interview. General questions about why chosen for this company and what you are currently working on/studying. Second round is on-site interview. Takes about 6 hours, with varying types of interviews and technical presentation to senior management. Interviews are about technical skills, how you work in teams, career planning.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Applied Online didn't get a response until I met a Slb representative.
    2. Attended assessment centre which included psychometric tests which included a matrix test, fault finding tests, a group exercise, self-presentation (this was given to prepare beforehand and a CV based interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview

I sent my CV into Schlumberger via their website. A few weeks later I was contacted by HR to arrange an interview. Prior to this they provided shortlisted candidates with a pool of questions we would likely to be asked which was really useful and helped with interview preparation. They did not ask a lot of technical questions as they expected candidates to not be so experienced however did ask about the motivation to work in the oil and gas sector and your career aspirations.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you are not willing to sacrifice and why?
      What skills do you feel your university career has provided you with and how will you transfer these into the role in schlumberger?
      What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      How would your friends/work colleagues describe you in three words?
      Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult colleague. How did you approach the situation?
      Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied to Schlumberger and within one week they got back to me inviting me up for an interview in Aberdeen. They asked me to prepare a presentation about myself that I woul have to present in front of the other interviewees as well. There was a group task assignment followed by a 1-1interview.

Interview Questions

• What research have i done into the role & company?
      Could I put together a pressure regulator valve (practical task)?
      When can i start?
      1 Answer

Petrotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 day assessment consisted of a pretty easy written test (math, mechanics and logic), group work in which they expect you to be the dominating member, a 5-min presentation about yourself and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between permeability and mobility?   1 Answer
    • What are the problems that could happen within a typical production system?   1 Answer

Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview, research intern, so chemistry based questions, there are two rounds calls. half an hour in between. They also asked how I use Chemistry to solve any questions.

They also asked some questions based on my CV, like why this course, why Schlumberger, why you, and some other bullet points on the CV