Schlumberger Wireline Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schlumberger Wireline Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I already had an internship with Schlumberger so some of the questions were related to my internship experience. The difficulty level if the interview wasn't too much.As long as you prepare yourself before the interview, you are good!!.

Interview Questions

• If there is some thing that your project team mates will ask you to improve about yourself, what would that be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Mainly Behavioral questions, very relaxed. They want to make sure that you're a good fit for the field work. Very hands on type job that also requires you to be good at talking to people. They like to see highly motivated and optimistic people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Got an interview at my school after a career fair, then had to fly out for a two day interview. We had to build a short presentation on one of the company segments, nothing too difficult, and did some team building exercises. They keep you up fairly late, and wake you up pretty early to go view the segments.

Interview Questions

• Build a way to move water about 6 feet using only straws and some basic materials life tape.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rock Springs, WY) in July 2014.

Interview

First phase is a phone interview with the recruiter which usually runs about 15 minutes. If you make it to the next step you're given contact details of other interview candidates to work on a presentation on an assigned topic. All candidates are then brought together to participate in a 2 day event consisting of presentations, team presentations, group exercises, tours, and in person interview with a couple of Schlumberger employees. You should know if you get an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to persuade your group to go with your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career center, and did a behavioral interview. Then did the second round of interviews in OKC. More intense, you do a presentation about a segment within SLB, and you stay up all night learning about the company. Then they do a final interview.

Interview Questions

• How many apple needed to reach the height of the empire state building?
      Why do you want to be a field engineer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

first there was a phone interview which was about 45 minutes of basic behavioral questions. Towards the end they asked a few problem solving questions as well. After that they flew me out to Oklahoma City for a group interview. Prior we were assigned a product service line to explain to the group at the interview with a group. You arrive at the hotel and then have about an hour to prepare for the interview. Once you arrive at the conference room everyone presents and they berate you questions on things you clearly would not know. Then there's a group activity and then they explain the positions available. You don't make it to bed until about 2 have to wake up by 6 for field visits where they ask you even more questions. Ends with closing interview.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Conway, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Second interview in Arkansas where they get to know your personality through various team and individual exercises and even match you up with a specific service line by the end. Sometimes give you options as to your final location.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions. Have to give a presentation on a service line (basic and standard info off their site).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only negotiation was as to where I would be assigned. Everyone starts at same base salary out of college.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial interview on campus of my school, second interview at a Schlumberger location. Interview was behavioral based. They want to see how you react under stress and how well you work with a team

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Questions

• They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

?

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Process included first a phone interview then a group 2 day interview which included team building activities, presentation about one assigned segment of Schlumberger, shop orientation and a group interview at the end. They fly you and pay for all your expenses during the interview process like taxi, food, accommodation, etc...

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about why did I choose Wireline and why do I want to work for Schlumberger. If you still want to work for this company, at least Wireline, then all you have to do is to convince the interviewers of why you have been waiting all your life to work in the FIELD and be excited about it. Show commitment to Schlumberger.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get to negotiate the salary...