Schneider Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Driver Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a panel interview over Skype. It was an internal process so it was a breeze. There was a panel of three that asked challenging questions regarding my current position and my ability to use my skills in the new position. They ran through my resume first, then began engaging questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where you had to coach a colleague?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview. Everyone was very nice. Applied online, got called for a phone interview. 2 weeks later that called me in for a face to face meeting. Half way through interview I got to sit with a salesperson on the floor that gave me a rundown of an average day.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed on the phone and then went in for face to face. Had the job explained to me and got a tour of the sales floor. Interview was with 2 group leaders. Very professional and organized.   1 Answer

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

You will be contacted by a recruiter from Schneider who will conduct a 20 minute phone interview. Towards the end of the call your recruiter wI'll set up your next 30 minute phone interview which was intended to last up to 60 minutes. After your second phone interview you will be asked to come to the office for an in person interview.

Negotiation

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Formal application submission, half-hour phone interview, two hour in-person interview, short walk-through in the office observing a member of a sales team operate. The phone interview was mostly clarifying background and intent of the applicant. The in-person interview was
    1st) a short history of the office
    2nd) a chronological narrative of the resume presented by the applicant
    3rd) traditional interview questions, some quite uncomfortable and self deprecating, but the interviewers appreciated the candor. At one point, every member of the interviewing panel admitted to failing a college course.
    4) the very short walk-through with a member of the sales team. Too short to truthfully be of any substance.

Interview Questions

• Why did studying history prepare you to be a salesman?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

first, a phone interview, followed up by a questionaire and then an in person interview. during the in person interview they showed me around the office. In hindsight it seems like a lot of sales interviews (if you get to the in person aspect) expect you to close the job, as if youre closing a sale.

Dont be hesitant to ask "what do you expect from me to move foward?" or "what can i do to prove im the best candidate to hire?"

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you overcame a significant obstacle in your life?"   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls from a recruiter. 1st one lasted about 7-10 minutes, basic background, my interests and career goals. we scheduled a 2nd phone interview that went well. Interview 2 lasted about 45 minutes. I thought it went well. I was told I would either receive a call for a face to face or an email declining the opportunity to move forward. What a waist. I have 15 years sales experience and I did not even get a face to face?

Interview Questions

• General questions about my goals, experiences, my qualities and limitations.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I found the Schneider position through a university careers service. I had an on campus interview, then received a second round interview. The first round I was mostly asked questions about who I am, and several other behavioral interview questions. The second round, I was asked to review my resume, and then was asked a series of trickier, but still not extremely difficult behavioral interview questions.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was long and they asked millions of questions. I had 5 people interviewed me, like I was applying for a GM position. They put me in a small 5x5 room and the interview started were each manager came in and asked me the same questions over and over again. You could tell they have never had an interviewed people before.

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (Elwood, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It's a typical one.They ask typical questions, have you go to Joliet for to do a drug test, and do a background check on your job history. It all get's done in less than a week. You go to 2 days of orientation where you watch boring videos and talk to people. Then you train on equipment if you are a order filler. It all is typical and nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Schneider Logistics.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 with HR, 1 with managers. Completely behavioral and relaxed in the first two, 3rd and final interview with managers got situational. Stay on your feet and you'll be fine.