Schneider Downs & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Downs & Co. Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider Downs & Co.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for an on-campus interview, and was invited to the Pittsburgh office for a second interview. The company was kind enough to arrange for my parking, which is appreciative in downtown Pittsburgh. Three interviews were conducted over the course of the day: one tax manager, one shareholder, and a group interview process with the head of HR, who seemed like he'd rather have been doing something else. The day also included a lunch session with staff-level employees. Employees were pleasant and professional, and were very courteous and welcoming through the process. However, I wasn't enthralled with the open-concept office plan (plate glass everywhere in lieu of walls,) which gives the feeling of working in a fishbowl.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Name one instance that you were faced with a client service dilemma and how you solved it.   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It went very smoothly. Easy to follow and everyone was very helpful. One of the better processes by the larger accounting firms. Had an on-campus interview then an office interview that went great. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. But the nice part was they called you the next day after the office interview wether or not they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you think this company can help you grow as a person as well as a professional   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co..

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter on my school's job page, and I was selected for an interview. There was a pre-night dinner to mix and mingle with the employees. It was pleasant. None of the employees seemed to be super excited about the company. Then there was a 45 minute interview the next day. The interviewer seemed like he was in an awful mood. I still thought the interview went pretty well overall, but I found out I was not selected for a second round the next week. Overall, I wasn't too bummed because the employees didn't sell the company to me very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing with other companies? Pretend I am a recruiter for a Big 4. Why do you want to work for me over Schneider Downs?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co..

Interview

Campus interview with a pre-night reception (that all of the employees were late to). Interview was with a tax senior even though the position was audit. Interview was too relaxed and talked over resume.

External Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very logical and they care more about who you are more than your grades. It is best to be who you are and see if the company is a right fit for you instead of accepting a job because you have an offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats one of the situations from your past where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied through business college. Had a prenight dinner before the interview to get to know the interviewers. Mostly conversational interview, not very comfortable. Interviewer was sort of rude.

Interview Questions

• Will you be interviewing with other companies?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Received phone call fro HR....Its basic questions.....

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I completed my interview on-campus at the University of Pittsburgh. Schneider Downs likes to host a pre-night interview social gathering at one of the local restaurants to try and help ease the tension amongst interviewees. The next day was the interview, which was a one on one behavioral interview with one of Schneider Downs' head HR personell. It was your typical behavioral interview--no tricks or gimmicks. One thing I did find odd, however, was that they asked for your SAT score. I'm not quite sure how or why a score from high school can factor into a hiring decision? Unlike other firms I've interviewed with, Schneider Downs keeps in contact with their interviewees through US mail, which I find to be interesting and somewhat old fashioned. The bottom line: It was a fairly easy interview process. No worries.

Interview Questions

• What did you score on your SAT's?   1 Answer

I received a much better offer from a highly respected Big Four firm.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Columbus, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume to a partner that was at a campus event. I then received a call from HR, we had a pretty brief and laid back conversation. They then set up an office interview. The office interview consisted of 4 1-on-1 interviews. The first two were with Audit Managers and the second two were with Audit Shareholders. All of the interviewers run down your resume with you and ask you questions about your experiences. I would recommend bringing a copy of your resume with you so you don't waste your time craning your neck trying to predict what they are going to ask you about next. This part is pretty easy if you are prepared, be ready to elaborate. The second part of each interview was just a conversation be. They want to make sure you're a reasonable person that they think would fit in with the current employees. Sell your self. They are looking for people who are hard working and easy going. Which is basically what every employer is looking for I would imagine. Side note: All of the shareholders and managers seemed to be Steelers fans.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

Why do you want to be an accountant?

What do you think of the Steelers?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level, I didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Columbus, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied via my major universities career site. I was granted an on campus interview with a recruiter. My interview was 30 minutes in length, mostly behavioral type questions, and determining weather I would be a good fit with this mid-market regional accounting firm.

I thought the interview went very well, all of the SD contacts I met with were very nice and pleasant, and it seems like it would be a fantastic place to start a career.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer