Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick. I applied for the position online and about a week later I got an email to do a video interview. A week after that, I received a phone interview. The people at Schneider Electric were friendly and quick to respond to my queries.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

6 different interviews. 1 web. 1 phone. 4 back-to-back interviews in person. For the final 4 interviews I was asked to fly to centralized location in Nashville. Once there I got a chance to meet and network with the 20 other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Boston, MA).

Interview

First phone interview, then in person interview, followed by 3 more interviews. There was lot of gap between interviews. Response was very slow. Even after job offer was given, paper work took lot of time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Was called a few days after on campus career fair and was brought in for a site visit. A panel of employees asked me questions and then gave me a plant tour. They seemed a bit disorganized and I think I may have asked them more questions than they asked me.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with PLCs? How do you work with others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with manager
    Three hour in person interview with manager, lead of hardware team, and vp of ops
    Everything was pretty casual, questions about education / projects, hobbies, personality / work ethic

Interview Questions

• FizBuzz programming question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair in my school. Got an email from the HR a few weeks later to take a video interview (HireVue) where you record yourself answering to a preset list of questions (All behavioral, nothing technical). Waited 3 weeks and got another email to setup a WebEx (video conference) interview with the hiring manager for this specific position. He basically went over my experiences on my resume in detail and asked maybe a couple of behavioral questions. Then I had to wait 3 more weeks to get an email saying that I couldn't move forward due to their business conditions.

These were the HireVue questions -
    1. What do you know about the company and what prompted you to apply for this position?
    2. Why did you choose your major? What do you like the most and least about it?
    3. Time when you had to work with an incompetent team member.
    4. Time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
    5. Time when you faced criticism for your work.
    6. Time when you had difficulties in a project and how did you overcome it? What was the result?
    7. What are your strengths?
    8. Something that you learned new? Why was that learning significant?
    9. Greatest accomplishment in the past year? Why was it so?
    10. Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years?

For the video interview -
    I had to know my resume in and out - which was very technical. The interviewer also asked me the following behavioral questions -
    1. Time when you had to consider someone else's opinion.
    2. What is your ideal job?
    3. What do you look for in a supervisor?
    4. Time when you went an extra mile to get things done.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interview was relaxed. They were more interested in whether you would fit in with the employees and work culture. Since the company has such a diverse portfolio of products, the division you work for trains you extensively before you start any actual work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult or incompetent team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN).

Interview

I was hired as a contractor, so after the agency cleared me I had a battery of three interviews in one day. Typically the interview process is panel-style where there are multiple interviewers for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Draw a circuit diagram of the room you are sitting in. Other questions were about customer relationship management and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Secaucus, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The company visited my school and held 1 on 1 interviews. Asking basic questions about you and your views on the future. this was round 1 of 2. the second round was held at the secaucus office. where there were 2 more 1 on 1 interviews on the same day. Again, Very relaxed non technical questions. Be yourself and just tell the truth.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Had two phone interviews- first was more get to know and second was a little more detailed interview about my resume. Had one in person interview and had to do a one hour presentation where questions were asked. Afterwards had a short interview that was more generic

Interview Questions

• Hardest part was giving the presentation for an hour- many questions popped up during this, a few that were tough   Answer Question